IT Security Vulnerability Analyst Dell SecureWorks Atlanta, GA
Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit
Threat Intelligence – Vulnerability Analyst
The Vulnerability Analyst is a member of our Counter Threat Unit (CTU) Threat Intelligence team which researches, applies, and delivers intelligence about active and emerging information security threats. The successful candidate will support CTU Threat Intelligence by leading the process of collecting, analyzing, and publishing information about software vulnerabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintain and execute processes to monitor, collect, and update information about software vulnerabilities for input into threat databases and publication via the Dell SecureWorks Customer Portal;
- Maintain and execute processes to analyze, categorize, and score vulnerability information to inform customer protection;
- Participate in peer review of day-to-day quality of work for other Vulnerability Analysts.
- Support CTU Operations team creation of countermeasures for client protection;
· Support Security Operations Center through responding to escalations; and
· Initiate and apply innovation via short-to-moderate term projects to improve process efficiency and service value.
- 2+ years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, software development, and/or TCP/IP network administration;
- 2+ years of experience with a variety of security-related processes, including secure coding practices, patch management, vulnerability analysis, or IDS/IPS.
- Ability to analyze a software vulnerability in order to appropriately characterize threat, provide remediation advice, and assign a meaningful severity score / priority.
- Familiarity with classes of software vulnerabilities, appropriate remediation, and industry-standard classification schemes (CVE, CVSS, CWE, CPE).
- Ability to query SQL databases.
- Strong technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Inherent passion for information security and service excellence.
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills.
· Experience training and mentoring less experienced technical staff.
Education and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience; or
- Graduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 0-2 years of relevant experience; or
- 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- CISSP, GIAC, or SSCP certification preferred.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000T1U
- Security Systems Advisor - Augusta, GA
- IT Security Analysis Consultant Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Security Operations Center Team Lead - Atlanta, GA
- Security Center Operations Sr. Analyst Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- CTU Senior Security Researcher & Software Developer Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Network Security Engineer Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Inside Product Specialist IV G500 Security Sales Specialist Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Network Security Sr. Analyst - Atlanta, GA
- Senior Cyber Security Analyst Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Security Researcher Sr Advisor Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA