Dell Wyse Senior Test Engineer Quebec / Québec, Canada
Dell has recently acquired Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
As a test specialist, you will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and be exposed to a development process where Test Specialist and Developers work hand in hand. As part of the development cycle, you will have a critical impact on delivering a unique product.
We are seeking a self-motivated quality-focused candidate who simply loves software testing, appreciates things done right and who is enthusiastic about learning new technologies. The candidate will need to have superior analytical skills to participate effectively in the definition of the test coverage as well as the isolation of software defects.
The candidate will also need to be recognized as a team player.
· Provide input on design and testability of new features, with an emphasis on end-to-end testing and impact analysis
· Decipher the product functionality and translate it into test cases to ensure adequate test coverage
· Conduct manual as well as ad-hoc testing of any feature for which you are the owner
· Tests include UI correctness and flow, validating device information accuracy, exercising all options and setting combinations in the server as well as on each device, validating that the product is working with all supported hardware, OS and versions, validate the product performs seamlessly when scaling, perform survivability testing
· Identify software defects, generate defect reports and actively participate in the troubleshooting and defect resolution with Developers
· Support Developers in incrementally adding value to the product in the context of team deliverables
· Assist junior testers in building test cases and interpreting results
· Assist QA leader in bug triage, priority assessment and coverage tracking
· 10+ years Software Testing/QA experience
· Expertise with Client-Server and/or Web applications is a must
· Expertise in networking concepts (TCP/IP, VPNs, load-balancer etc.) is a must
· Expertise in smartphones or in application involving smartphones is a must
· Proficiency in SQL is a must
· Excellent communication skills is a must
· Experience with geographically distributed teams in a must
· Experience with automated test frameworks (such as SilkTest, WinRunner, WATIR) is must
· Expertise in testing large, scalable cloud application or enterprise-grade application is a must
"DCAM3" "MOAM3" "LIAM3"
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 12000OWN
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.