Dell Wyse Senior Software Engineer Appliance Data Backup Quebec / Québec, Canada
Dell has recently announced its intent to acquire Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
As a developer, you will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and be exposed to a development process where Test Specialist and Developers work hand in hand. As part of the development cycle, you will have a critical impact on delivering a unique product.
This position will entail the design, development and testing of software modules running within an enterprise infrastructure to integrate advance corporate functions into a cloud-managed solution..
We are seeking a self-motivated quality-focused candidate who simply loves software development, appreciates things done right and who is enthusiastic about learning new technologies. The candidate will need to be at ease with using a wide-array of programming languages and tools.
The candidate will also need to be recognized as a team player.
· Provide input on design and testability of new features
· Design and write agent software modules running on Windows Servers or other enterprise appliances
· Software modules would include Windows Services, .NET application, J2EE applications, configuration and operational interfaces (SOAP, JSON), scripts, MSI installer modules, protocol handlers for device communication, Active Directory interfaces, ActiveSync plug-ins, communication with cloud applications
· All modules must be manageable locally or through cloud application
· Provide clear and complete documentation of all interfaces between modules
· 6+ years software development experience
· Expertise in distributed .NET applications or JavaBeans is a must
· Expertise in SSL and certificate-based authentication is a must
· Expertise in Active Directory, ActiveSync API, SharePoint, Office365 or server plug-ins is a must
· Expertise in C++ is a must
· Expertise in Java or .NET is a must
· Expertise in Windows Server development is a must
· Expertise in Windows Services is a must
· Expertise in communication infrastructure (firewalls, virtual LANs, routers, domain controllers) is a must
· Experience with geographically distributed teams is a must
· Excellent communication skills is a must
"LIAM3" "DCAM3" "MOAM3"
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 12000OWP
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.