Outside Regional Sales Director Networking (Canada) Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Regional Sales Director, Networking (Canada)
Dell has expanded its networking solutions with the acquisition of Force10 Networks, Inc., a leader in high-performance datacenter networking. Force10’s networking capabilities complement Dell’s datacenter solutions portfolio, enabling it to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
Dell is strategically organizing around solutions groups in key technology domain areas, and networking is an integral component of this strategy. The data center is the battlefield of today’s enterprise, and the networking domain is one of the most critical elements of the next generation data center. As a visionary Sales Leader you will lead by establishing Dell as a credible and significant player in the networking segment collaboratively culminating in a networking storyline focused not only on Dell’s networking prowess, but also highlighting Dell’s broader enterprise message of open, integrated virtual stacks for the data center. Effectively marketing these technologies requires a skilled approach to traditional marketing, social network marketing and emerging approaches to message delivery. Are you ready for the challenge?
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) of Canada will report to the Executive Director of Networking Sales, North America. The position will be based in Canada. The successful candidate will be a significant contributor to the sales organization and will be a key executive for the company. The RSD for Canadian Sales will be responsible for managing the Canadian Sales team. In addition, the RSD will be charged with developing communications, strategic and tactical sales plans, and effective routes to market to achieve outlined revenue goals while also building internal metrics to bring detailed visibility to the business. The RSD will work with the team to identify opportunities and provide organizational vision to bolster current success. They will be responsible for the revenue and cost structure of the team, he/she will be focused on top line revenue, profitability and growth. The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of closing big, complex deals, and integrating products and services into Integrator supply chains and programs. The RSD will collaborate with the sales, services and marketing functions, providing leadership, encourage input from team in decision making processes, and build a world-class presence.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 10 plus years of related networking industry experience with at least 7-10 years’ experience selling complex technology to enterprise customers and/or carriers.
· Proven success in driving sales with major enterprise customers is essential, strategic selling experience is a must.
· Experience taking control, drive the business and assume total responsibility and accountability for performance of the business and extended team.
· Must be capable of building, managing and a leading a first-class team must display real leadership qualities and have a good track record in recruiting and developing key personnel.
· Successful track record of drilling down on large deals and understanding how to manage the deal process understanding where requirements to close and risks.
· Closing profitable transactions and meeting or exceeding sales contribution margin targets.
· Experience developing and orchestrating multiple sales routes to market; direct, channel sales.
· Highly credible with ability to build strong relationships internally and with customers, business partners and investors.
· Capable of conveying complex concepts in simple terms and of tailoring their presentation style of delivery to suit their audience.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to be able to work at all levels of an organization and demonstrate credibility in all business situations.
· Undergraduate degree and 10+ years of experience or a Graduate degree and 8+ years of relevant experience.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 1300047C
- Dell Wyse Senior Sales Engineer Toronto - Toronto, Ontario
- Cloud Client Computing (CCC) Sales Specialist Toronto - Toronto, Ontario
- Dell Wyse Senior Sales Engineer Eastern Canada - Toronto, Ontario
- Senior Outside Sales Specialist Cloud Client Computing Toronto Canada - Toronto, Ontario
- Inside Product Specialist III - Toronto, Ontario
- Inside Product Specialist IV - Toronto, Ontario
- Channel Inside Sales Account Management III - Toronto, Ontario
- Inside Sales Account Management II - Toronto, Ontario
- Inside Sales Account Mgmt II - Toronto, Ontario
- Dell Quest Software Foglight Product Specialist (Escalation Engineer) - Toronto, Ontario
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Sales Jobs
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That's what we're about. Our success is built on our values, beliefs, and aspirations. At its core are our people who doing their job every day, all over the world, demonstrate our commitment to customers, the Dell team, direct relationships, global citizenship, and winning with integrity. Our Sales professionals are the key ambassadors to our customers around the world. Approximately half of our professionals operate in a sales capacity, enjoying a position that comes with great responsibility – and great reward. At Dell, our products and services range from high-end enterprise servers and storage, to training and deployment services, to personal-use PCs for residential consumers. In fact, it's this vast array of solutions that creates such a progressive sales atmosphere. Join us with a job in Sales, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. Learn more about Sales careers with Dell today.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.