Storage Engineer (SAN) Remote Western Region ( Seatle Portland Salt Lake City San Jose LA Phoenix Las Vegas) San Jose, CA
Systems Integration Advisor
This is a home based/remote position in the Western Region. ( Seatle, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Jose, LA, Phoenix, Las Vegas)
The Dell Global Services Delivery team Systems Integration Advisor is a regionally based systems integration specialist who primarily supports the implementation, integration, and deployment of Enterprise class storage products within customer’s Mission Critical environments. This role is responsible for on-site integration, installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of Dell Compellent Storage Arrays, Dell EQL Storage Arrays, Dell PowerVault Storage, Dell PowerEdge solutions, Force10, PowerConnect and other similar Multi-Vendor Solutions. The candidate for this position should be an experienced customer facing professional with hands-on experience across multiple SAN, storage, switching, operating systems, and software platforms.
This position will be remote based, meaning you will work onsite at our client sites nationwide. When not at a client site, you will work from your home office. The candidate should live in the metro area or commutable region of the market supported and have quick access to a major airport. Up to 75% travel to client sites as needed, will be required.
Candidate will demonstrate the ability to establish strong customer relationships, act as the customer’s trusted technical advisor, while exhibiting a superior consultative approach.
- Responsible for the successful deployment of Enterprise hardware and software projects within the customer’s environment.
- Experience and expertise across SANs, Networks, and multiple Operating Systems.
- While not actively engaged on jobs, candidate will provide support for other delivery functions such as:
Identify, define, and establish technical best practices. Lead and/or acts as a team member on strategic organizational projects. Help establish strong relationships with partners, vendors, and sales.
- Demonstrate ownership and the ability to drive issues to resolution.
- Stay current with evolving technology trends.
- Heterogeneous SAN/NAS deployments
- SAN Maintenance and Upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Switch add/zoning expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking technologies and concepts
- Data migration, replication, tools and methodologies
- Backup production readiness experience (e.g. CommVault, NetBackup, Backup Exec)
- Escalated break/fix troubleshooting
- Expertise in SAN, Windows, Linux, VMware, Force10, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, iSCSI, networking and Backup Technologies
- Experience with Data Migration, Replication, methodologies and tools
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise hardware in our customer environments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating Dell service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
- MCP, MCSE, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, and Cisco or other Networking certifications are a plus
- 4+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.dell.com/.
Job Requisition Number: 12000TXT-1
- Sales Engineer III Dell Networking - Orange, CA
- Principal Platform Software Development Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Sales Engineer III Dell Networking - Anaheim, CA
- Sr FPGA and Verification Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Software Dev Sr. Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Software Dev Principal Engr - San Jose, CA
- Cloud Computing QA Automation Engineer AndroidiOS (San Jose CA) - San Jose, CA
- Dell Networking Field Channel Pre Sales Engineer Southern Cal US - Los Angeles, CA
- Dell WYSE Test Engineer I - San Jose, CA
- Dell Networking Field Channel Pre Sales Engineer Southern Cal US - Costa Mesa, CA
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.