Dell Wyse Software Engineer Windows 8 Developer San Jose, CA
Dell has recently acuired Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
We are actively searching for talented software engineers to work on a small team in a well-established company. This team is involved in both product development as well as ongoing and continued research. So you should be ready to take on new tasks for future products as well as developing for and enhancing our shipping products.
We have a small team with a startup feel, that is part of a larger, well-established and successful company. We are profitable, with a history of success, and are poised for greatness.
The candidate should be comfortable working on a small team, in a fast paced environment. If you've developed your own products on the side, and truly understand full product lifecycle and how to continually improve a product,that's a plus. The primary responsibility will be working on a Windows 8 application and service for desktops and tablets that communicates with our highly successful PocketCloud mobile apps. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a definite must have. Experience as the go-to person or as a team lead is a definite plus.
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 9+ years of related professional work experience
* Microsoft .NET application, Win32 application or service development experience.
* Strong software engineering skills with expertise in C/C++ and C#.
* Strong object-oriented design and implementation skills.
* Experience in Socket Programming and networking.
* Experience in Human-Computer Interaction design.
* Knowledge in DirectShow, Windows Drivers, XMPP are added advantage.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong communication skills
"LIAM3" "DCAM3" "MOAM3"
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000X3X
- Sr FPGA and Verification Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Sales Engineer III Dell Networking - Orange, CA
- Software Dev Principal Engr - San Jose, CA
- Sales Engineer III Dell Networking - Anaheim, CA
- Software Dev Sr. Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Test Engineer I - San Jose, CA
- Cloud Computing QA Automation Engineer AndroidiOS (San Jose CA) - San Jose, CA
- Dell Networking Field Channel Pre Sales Engineer Southern Cal US - Los Angeles, CA
- Network Dev Sr. Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Networking Field Channel Pre Sales Engineer Southern Cal US - Costa Mesa, CA
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.