Dell SonicWall Network Escalation Engineer Enterprise Tech Supp Sr. Adv San Jose, CA
Dell has recently announced its intent to acquire SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security and data protection. SonicWALL’s industry-leading Next-Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls complement Dell’s security solutions portfolio, enabling Dell to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
Network Security Escalation Engineer is responsible for providing onsite/telephone/email/chat and remote diagnostic technical support of NGFW and security appliances. Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance, and usage of assigned products. Verifies warranty entitlement and determines appropriate action. Applies diagnostic techniques and troubleshooting skills to identify problems, investigate causes; work closely with and in conjunction with Development Engineering to recommend solutions and corrective actions to resolve issues within SLA framework. Create and document case notes and knowledgebase entries to reflect problems definitions, diagnostics steps, and solution implementations.
· Responds to customer technical question/problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking via e-mail/chat and phone.
· Owns customer issues from beginning to resolution.
· Responsible for accurate documentation of customer issues, diagnosis, and resolution achieved.
· Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
· Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follows guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts.
· Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
· Conduct onsite/remote customer training session(s) when required per SLA.
· Recreates, identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
· Keep up with industry enhancement and strive for personal development through self-study, company-provided training, etc.
· Remains knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, current industry products and technologies.
· Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
· Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
· Actively involved in revenue generation activities with current Dell customers.
· Reviews and distributes pertinent cross-functional information (e.g., Sales, TAMs, Customer Care, External Vendors, etc.)
· Engages design engineering team as needed.
· Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
· Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
· Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
· Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
· Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
· Knowledge of industry and business principles.
· Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
· Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives.
· In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
· Develops and applies project management techniques.
· Solid background in network/content security protocols, features, and policies
· Experience in enterprise and SP network security setups and requirements
· Strong understanding of L2-L7 networking protocols, HA (High availability), State Sync, Network Cluster and major Operating Systems such as, UNIX, Linux, and all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems are needed
· Demonstrated ability to use in-depth troubleshooting to resolve or workaround customer issues using troubleshooting tools i.e. WireShark, Netmon etc.
· Experience using various types of test equipment such as IXIA and Spirent tools as well as having a very clear understanding of testing methodologies
· Knowledge of LAN/WAN network design and implementation strategies or methods
· Ability to work on in a high-level stress and interrupt driven environment
· Experience in defining test requirements, test methodologies and setting up the required test lab and equipment for customer issue duplication
· Good understanding of testing Network Security applications (Firewall, IPS, IDS, Vulnerability)
Travel required up to 20%
Experience & Education:
· Bachelor degree in EE/CS in related field or equivalent experience
· 5 to 10 years minimum of Escalation Engineer experience preferred
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 120012YE