North Sales Engineer Beijing, Beijing, China
A career as a Systems Engineer (SE) is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a sales role whereby the compensation is one based on a 80/20 plan (80% base and 20% commission) with quarterly sales goals.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for working with their assigned field sales account executives and inside sales teams to drive and grow the enterprise business within their specific customer account sets.
As the SE, you are the lead resource within your team responsible for discovering, identifying, qualifying and closing Enterprise Server, Storage and Services technology solutions that we sell to our customers.
The SE works with his account team to identify the customer IT decision makers and key influencers within a company in order to build trusting customer relationships that enable Dell to become primary partner of choice for Enterprise technology solutions. The SE must be able to identify and overcome the technical barriers associated with the customers IT decision making process.
With a focus on delivering solutions that meet/exceed the IT and Business requirements of our customers which often times are highly complex enterprise solutions, the SE is also responsible for establishing and developing key relationships with software and peripheral suppliers and services partners that allow the account team to offer comprehensive enterprise solutions for their diverse customer environments.
In working to develop the solution for the customer, utilizing PowerEdge Servers, EQ Logic and PowerVault Storage, Dell Professional Services, as well as products from Software/Hardware/Peripheral partners, the SE serves as the technical lead in designing and architecting solutions that not only meet/exceed the IT and business goals, but also deliver outstanding customer experiences.
Primary interface is with the Technical Directors and the Technical manager levels.
Advanced level technical professional, contributing beyond self, sought out by others.
- Limited coaching/mentoring required.
- Regular updates with manager.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization/models effective team leadership.
- Works with customers in complex business environments to devise new and innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services.
Experience: 5-7 years related technical experience.
- Great knowledge of Dell PowerEdge Rack & Blade Solutions & competitive advantages / disadvantages
- General comprehension of Dell / Dell Partners Networking & Storage solutions
- General comprehension of virtualization solutions
- General comprehension of Linux solutions with ability to become an expert quickly
- Preferred experience in gaming and internet industry.
- Strong understanding of Sell Through business and how Dell and our partners deliver and how to influence
- Usage of SFDC, Call Plans, and other account planning / management tools required
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 120008D3
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Sales Jobs
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That's what we're about. Our success is built on our values, beliefs, and aspirations. At its core are our people who doing their job every day, all over the world, demonstrate our commitment to customers, the Dell team, direct relationships, global citizenship, and winning with integrity. Our Sales professionals are the key ambassadors to our customers around the world. Approximately half of our professionals operate in a sales capacity, enjoying a position that comes with great responsibility – and great reward. At Dell, our products and services range from high-end enterprise servers and storage, to training and deployment services, to personal-use PCs for residential consumers. In fact, it's this vast array of solutions that creates such a progressive sales atmosphere. Join us with a job in Sales, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. Learn more about Sales careers with Dell today.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.