Network Security Engineer Dell SecureWorks Atlanta, GA
Dell SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,800 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, Dell SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
Provisioning Engineers are responsible for the implementation of security devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS’s and log collector appliances as well as the integration of SecureWork’s managed/monitored security services. The engineer will work directly with clients to plan out and complete implementations remotely or at the client’s site. This is a challenging yet very rewarding position where the engineer will be engaged in a variety of different scenarios and have the opportunity to work with many different security products and technologies during each implementation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Discuss technical requirements for contracted services with clients.
- Work with clients to plan out the details and timelines of the implementation.
- Implement security devices on client’s network according to their specification and change control windows. This can include the configuration and installation of firewalls, IDS/IPS’s and log collection appliances.
- Configure Dell SecureWorks CPE as well as other 3rd party hardware to client specifications.
- Complete associated work on backend systems and work with other teams in the operations centers as necessary to deliver the contracted services.
- Provide technical support for internal/external staff when required
- Share in the creation of deployment and support documentation encompassing process and procedure, managed/monitored services as well as customer facing material.
- Share in the provisioning training to peers and SOC personnel.
- Contribute to projects of varying scales such as upgrades, migrations and new offerings.
- Some travel is required.
- Some off shift work is required
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and familiarity of various network protocols.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot complex network issues in enterprise environments while adhering to best practice security policies.
- Working knowledge of security protocols and design concepts.
- Must have a working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of enterprise level firewall and IDS/IPS platforms.
- Proven ability to deploy network/security solutions.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent client service skills.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Cisco PIX/ASA, Cisco IDS/IPS, Crossbeam (C and X Series), Juniper Netscreen, Checkpoint (IPSO, SPLAT & UTM), SourceFire, LogLogic, Arcsight, ISS/IBM Proventia and Real Secure, McAfee, Tipping Point, Snort, Linux/Unix OS, MySQL, IPSEC/SSL VPN, TCP/IP, Routing, L2/L3 Switching
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Security, or related discipline and 3 years of relevant work experience or a total of 5 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years experience with the deployment of at least 2 of the following firewall platforms: Cisco, Checkpoint, or Juniper.
- 3-5 years experience with the deployment of at least 2 of the following IDS/IPS platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Tipping Point, Sourcefire, or Snort.
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred
CCNP CCSP CCSA CCSE JNCIS-FWV JNCIA-FWV
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 120010W9
- Software Release Engineer Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Dell Credant Sales Engineer III - Atlanta, GA
- Global Systems Engineer - Atlanta, GA
- Software Development Engineer Java Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Systems Administrator Senior Analyst Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Sales Engineering Director Storage - Atlanta, GA
- Dell Wyse Sales Engineer III GA Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
- Software Engineer - Atlanta, GA
- Software Test Engineer Dell SecureWorks - Atlanta, GA
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.