Desktop Virtualisation Sales Engineer Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
The Desktop Virtualization Sales Engineer is a technical resource, working in a team of Sales Specialists and other Sales Engineers, specialized in Desktop Virtualization Solutions from Citrix, VMware, Microsoft and/or Quest. The focus will be on technical presales support of Dell’s Cloud Client Solutions, which range from smartphone/tablet integration into VDI solutions, as well as the usage of thin clients and full blown Dell PC's, accessing applications from public and private clouds. The Sales Engineer will also hold extensive knowledge around the DVS Simplified, Enterprise and Active Systems solutions from Dell and has a deep expertise around sizing these to meet the required performance towards the end point device. The Sales Engineer will have the ability to translate customer technical requirements to a Dell solution and driving the technical discussions with a customer to close and deliver the solution in a defined territory. The Sales Engineer carries a Desktop Virtualization quota for their territory along with their Sales Specialist.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· The Sales Engineer will engage on technical level discussions around solving desktop virtualization challenges across a customer’s environment.
· The Desktop Virtualization Sales Engineer is responsible for the technical close of an opportunity throughout the sales cycle and will engage other subject matter experts or services as needed
· He/she must possess a competitive technical fluency in core end user computing technologies and architecture, including but not limited to, client virtualization (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VMware Horizon View, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services), server architecture for VDI, storage sizing for VDI and mobile device management
· Through this discussion will build a credible future state vision/strategy on optimized architecture for securely distributing and managing virtualized desktops and delivering them to secured and managed end user devices
· The ability to conduct technical white board sessions to evaluate and make recommendations is a must; the candidate will to translate a customer’s technical requirements to a Dell solution including mapping from “as is” to “to be” state resulting in billable Proof of Concept (POC)
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred including any relevant industry certifications including, but not limited to, VMware (VCP, VCDX), Citrix (CCA, CCEE, CCIA), Microsoft (MCM, MCA, MCITP)
· Must have a minimum of 5 years outside technical presales experience and 3 years of end user computing architecture, mobility and remote device management experience
· Candidate must be able to work effectively, independently and closely with a Sales Specialist
· Strong written and oral communications skills are required including overcoming customer objections
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred including any relevant industry certifications including but not limited to Kace, Citrix (CCA, CCEE, CCIA), Microsoft (MCM, MCA, MCITP)
- Must have 10-15 years outside technical presales experience and 5-8 years of end user computing architecture, mobility and remote device management experience
- Candidate must be able to work effectively, independently and closely with their Sales Specialist
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required including overcoming customer objections
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 12001JV7
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Sales Engineer Jobs
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That's what we're about. Our success is built on our values, beliefs, and aspirations. At its core are our people who doing their job every day, all over the world, demonstrate our commitment to customers, the Dell team, direct relationships, global citizenship, and winning with integrity. Our Sales professionals are the key ambassadors to our customers around the world. Approximately half of our professionals operate in a sales capacity, enjoying a position that comes with great responsibility – and great reward. At Dell, our products and services range from high-end enterprise servers and storage, to training and deployment services, to personal-use PCs for residential consumers. In fact, it's this vast array of solutions that creates such a progressive sales atmosphere. Join us with a job in Sales, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. Learn more about Sales careers with Dell today.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.