Dell SonicWall Enterprise Tech Supp Advisor Tempe, AZ
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security and data protection. SonicWALL’s industry-leading Next-Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls complement Dell’s security solutions portfolio, enabling Dell to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
The Enterprise Technical Support Advisor is widely respected for technical skill, interpersonal skills and ability to generate enthusiasm and energy within the team.
- Ensure Support staff are present for work and actively engaged in their duties. Report any attendance concerns to the TAC manager.
- Be a contact point for team members to escalate technical questions and seek assistance.
- Jointly monitor call queues to ensure adequate coverage and availability.
- Assist team members with KB article submission.
- Review daily RMA report and verify adequate troubleshooting was performed
- Work with TAC manager in reviewing daily metrics. Jointly review aging cases and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Work with TAC manager to review outstanding cases (case backlog) and assign cases to engineers with consideration of skill level and current workload.
- Assist in high level escalations that require significant customer interaction.
- Jointly work with the TAC manager in assessing training requirements for staff and develop training plan.
- Ensure appropriate staff are adept with the DTS application and know how to research, prepare or escalate a DTS.
- Ensure staff have adequate access to lab resources, ensure lab resources are safe and secure.
- Work with staff to achieve CSSA and other certifications according their individual development plans.
Excellent understanding of LAN & WAN Network topologies, in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol Suite, LAN/WAN access technologies, Internet Security Architectures and Routing Protocols
Installation, configuration and management of network security products ( Firewalls, IPS, VPNs ) and also Internet devices like Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Application Proxies ..etc., is required. Work experience relating to supporting wireless products 802.11 a/b/g is considered a plus
Excellent understanding of Linux, Microsoft applications, Active Directory and protocols like SMTP, FTP, Telenet etc.
A team player with strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills applicable for medium to enterprise networks
Candidate must have a strong customer orientation and possess an excellent work ethic
Candidate should also possess excellent communications skills and be in a position to work under pressure with calmness and composure
Demonstrated senior support experience in Sonicwall security technologies like Deep Packet Inspection Firewalls, VPN's, PKI, Anti-Virus, IPS, SSL and other security technologies
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 13000JKQ