MARKETING DIRECTOR Round Rock, TX
Manages the global relationship with Dell’s CPU partners, Intel and AMD. Oversees the development of strategic business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments. Identifies and develops alliances and relationship programs designed to produce sales opportunities. Responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining on-going company relationships with strategic partners and customers. Builds go-to market plans that satisfy partner needs, customer needs and Dell needs. Builds partner marketing plans in cooperation with 4 Business Units and segment marketing teams.
Supports and guides the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the broader business team
· Orchestrate a global team structure that is also deeply integrated at a regional level to drive local business objectives
· Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling programs.
· Analyzes business opportunities, assesses potential markets, and develops projects for use in new marketing initiatives.
· Evaluates program trends and provides analysis and recommendations to management.
· Works toward mutual goals and objectives to build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the alliance.
· Provides for financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships.
· Executes programs to assess the sales impact of the solution(s) in the marketplace and the overall success of the alliance.
· Focuses on acquisition of new clients as well as enhancement of business within existing partners.
· Promotes Dell to prospective clients on the merits of the company’s range of services skills and expertise.
· Builds plans and ensures execution of programs in cooperation with segment marketing needs.
· Facilitates strategic communication with business partners on partner programs.
· Ensures consistency and governance for global partner programs and KPI standards.
· Ensures alignment between Dell and strategic business partners.
· Manages funding for Dell and Strategic partners ensuring compliance to rules and guidelines for funding.
· Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
· Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
· Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
· Communicates and translates Dell vision/strategy to staff.
Knowledge Technical/Professional/Business Acumen
Serves as an authority on partner technologies within the organization and with customers.
· Manages projects or customer relationships of critical importance.
· Provides direction and guidance for operations, administration and results for a major department or multiple departments within a function or work area.
· May be industry-wide authority.
· Develops advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or concepts.
· Creatively and strategically supports key business objectives.
· Develops innovative solutions, systems and products to support Dell objectives.
· Builds external alliances with customers
· and industry experts to gain and share
· information and industry trends.
Work is guided by functional strategy.
· Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals across the subfunction.
· Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for area managed.
· Decisions may impact overall business, but are mainly related to the department or work area.
· Provides authoritative advice to top management based on deep subject matter expertise.
· Accountable for related performance objectives.
· Initiates integrated business plans based on senior leadership strategy.
· Leads a team of partner managers responsible for carrying out the objectives of the department or work area.
· Leads teams in understanding the link between Dell objectives and their contributions.
· Develops budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
· Builds long-term development and succession plans.
· Applies influence and negotiation skills to drive business results.
· Collaborates with key stakeholders both internal and external.
· Serves as important liaison to external contacts (customers and vendors).
· Assumes responsibility for sales objectives.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 13000LAQ