Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer J2EE Performance Scalability San Jose, CA
Member of the core team focusing on the design and development of a new Cloud based management platform capable of configuring, provisioning and managing millions of devices. The candidate will work primarily on the backend components and services, including database access and communication with remote servers and client-agents.
· Design and implementation of new features, services and applications for enterprise-class or cloud-class environments
· Troubleshoot and maintain existing product features and applications
· Assist technical support with escalated customer-related issues
· Provide suggestions for future improvement and roadmaps
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment without lots of formal specifications
· Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
· Execute given assignments in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary
· Document and help test problem scenarios and solutions
· Mentor and coach other members of the software development staff
· Follow standard engineering practices under the direction of others
· Demonstrate self-initiative and seek assistance when required
- 10+ years of experience developing Enterprise-class products
- Expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC
- Expertise in databases, ORMs: SQL Server / MySQL, JPA, Hibernate
- Extensive experience with RBAC, Multi-tenancy
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following
Scalability, Performance, High Availability Big Data – Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDb or similar Directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, JNDI) Systems / Network / Mobile Device management Multifactor Authentication, Single Sign-On, and/or Identity Management
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working with remote development teams
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
· Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
· Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
· Exciting internal career opportunities
· Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
· An individual professional development plan
· Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000PCI
- Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer Apps Streaming Server - San Jose, CA
- Senior Platform Software Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer Automation Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Principal Engineer ASP.Net Web Architect - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer File System Virtualization - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Sr. GUI Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer J2EE PEO PocketCloud Enterprise - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Sr. Engineer Device Mgmt - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Malware Software Dev Engineer II - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Dev Engineer II Web GUI Developer - San Jose, CA