Dell SonicWALL Linux Kernel Software Dev Sr. Engineer San Jose, CA
This is a challenging position in BSP/System Software Engineering group. The engineer is responsible for design and development of software at kernel level, driver design and porting to new platforms. In addition, during board bring-up phase this position requires tight interaction with Hardware design team to understand design, validate hardware functionality and help to isolate hardware problems if any.
This position will require understanding overall system functionality to design hardware abstraction layer to provide transparency and interoperability for the Firmware running on multiple platforms.
High level architectural direction will be provided but the engineer must be able to work well independently, have initiative to identify and solve design problems proactively.
· Linux kernel hardening
· Software design at BSP or kernel level
· Design and porting device drivers
· Understand functionality of the system to provide better hardware abstraction layer
· Communicate with Hardware team during board bring-up phase
· Document design details, collaborate with team members during design and review phase
- Knowledge of Linux kernel programming
- Knowledge of kernel details, design in multitasking environment, synchronization objects, etc
- Knowledge of generic CPU architecture and infrastructure: core, peripherals, etc. MIPS experience is plus.
- Prior experience in software design for multi-core/multi-blade systems is big plus
- Knowledge of C, GNU tools, Make, generic source control systems
- Knowledge of scripting language such as bash, Perl, python, is a plus
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP
- Knowledge/experience of the vxWorks is big plus
- Good command of English is a must
Education & Experience:
· 3+ years experience in BSP/kernel software design
· 5+ years experience in Software Development
· Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
· 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000XF8
- Dell Wyse Principal Engineer Device Mgmt - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse GUI Senior Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Malware Software Dev Engineer II - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Senior Engineer Web GUI Developer - San Jose, CA
- Software Dev Assoc Test Engineer II - San Jose, CA
- Dell Quest Software Dev Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
- Dell SonicWALL JAVA Engineer (server side) - San Jose, CA
- Sr. Software Engineer Cloud Computing - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Manufacturing Software Development Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Network Software Engineer - Santa Clara, CA