Dell SonicWALL Email Security Development Sr. Software Dev Engineer San Jose, CA
Software Development Engineer –
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security and data protection. SonicWALL’s industry-leading Next-Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls complement Dell’s security solutions portfolio, enabling Dell to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
We are looking for an experienced senior engineer with expertise in the area of algorithmic pattern recognition, Bayesian statistics and machine learning. In particular, we are looking for an experienced engineer with superb design and implementation skills to help us perfect our spam filtering engine. If you have a proven track record of technical leadership and getting things done, we want to talk to you.
* Proven experience developing complex algorithms in the areas of pattern recognition, Bayesian statistics and machine learning
* Extensive C/C++ experience
* Familiarity with mail protocols and standards including SMTP, POP3 and IMAP a plus
* Strong UNIX systems programming skills a plus
* Demonstrated technical leadership including strong communication & mentoring skills
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Team player attitude a must
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
"DIAM3" "CBAM3" "MOAM3"
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000XED
- Sales Engineer III - San Jose, CA
- Dell Onsite Systems Engineer Large Enterprise San Jose CA - San Jose, CA
- Storage Dev Engineer Sr. Mgr - Santa Clara, CA
- Sr. Engineering Project Manager (ISO 9000 & Compliance) - San Jose, CA
- Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Hardware Engineering Program Manager - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Engineering Program Manager - San Jose, CA
- Software Developer Advisor - Mountain View, CA
- Flight Control Software Engineer - Mountain View, CA
- Software QA Engineer Director - Santa Clara, CA
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.