Dell SonicWALL Software Dev Engineer II SuperMassive San Jose, CA
Dell is hiring for a Software Engineer working in Dell Software’s SonicWALL product group on SonicOS development. The position will be based out of Dell's SonicWALL San Jose campus. The candidate will be a member of the SonicOS Core Engineering team and will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing SonicOS – used in SonicWALL's award winning Next Generation Firewalls.
Strong C programming experience in C as well as with protocol development. The candidate should be comfortable working in an embedded environment and preferably with a multi-processor system. Candidates should also have good communication skills to work across a global development team environment
Software development experience in the following areas:
· Experience with data communication protocol development
· Extensive experience in programming using C
· Experience with working on an embedded platform.
· Past experience with firewalls a plus
· Good understanding of layer 2 to 4 network protocols
· Multi-threaded and distributed programming
· Excellent design and analytical skills
· Development experience with VxWorks.
· Experience with network traffic analyzers
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
· 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000XEI
- Dell Sonicwall Email Security Development\ Sr. Software Dev Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL JAVA Developer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Anti Spam Researcher\Developer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive High Availability Test Engineer II - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Java Developer Software Dev Engineer II - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Next Generation Firewall Security Analyst Test Sr. Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Software Sr. Engineer Agile BPM \SQL \Oracle DB - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Linux Kernel Software Dev Sr. Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL MS SQL \ XML Developer - San Jose, CA
- Dell SonicWALL Malware Software Dev Engineer II - San Jose, CA