Dell Wyse Sr. Product Manager CCM Infrastructure Interface San Jose, CA
Sr. Product Manager CCM Infrastructure Interface- San Jose, CA
As a Senior Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with development of a product line. This job function extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your domain experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and enjoy working with product development teams to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A senior product manager's role is very strategic, not tactical. However, you will be expected to be hands-on and also carry out certain tactical tasks like running weekly development and test status meetings, product testing, UX development, event support, benchmarking activities.
•Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
•Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
•Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
•Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
•Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
•3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
•Having MBA degree a plus
•Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experiences a strong plus.
• Familiarity with enterprise management solutions (virtualization, automation, monitoring, software distribution, etc.)
• Experience with VMware, Citrix and Microsoft virtualization management products
• Experience with Open Source hypevisor platforms such as KVM and Xen
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure platforms - OpenStack, Eucalyptus, Amazon EC2
• Experience in areas of IT mgmt., control and separation of mobile apps, devices and enterprise data via public and private clouds
•This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
*For US postings, the EEO (Equal Opportunity Employer) statement needs to be included. Taleo is designed to pull a link to this posted statement for all US jobs. Please check your postings to ensure this is occurring and if needed, this statement can be copied and pasted and added into any US only posting.]
*Select the My Jobs hyperlink available in the Field, "Life at Dell" to learn more about Dell culture, interview process, benefits, etc. For their location
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000NH4
- Dell WYSE Principal Engineer Back End Web Development - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Software Engineer Senior Manager - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Senior Principal Engineer Security Lead - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Java Software Development Principal Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Dvelopment Principal Engineer Dev Ops - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Principal Engineer Front End Development - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Principal Engineer J2EE PEO PocketCloud Enterprise - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Principal Engineer Automation Engineer - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Software Development Principal Engineer Apps Streaming Server - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Product Sr. Manager - San Jose, CA