Dell Wyse Software Development Sr. Engineer Security Engineer (NGS Processes and mitigations) San Jose, CA
Software Development Sr. Engineer
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. Analyzes requirements and develops innovative, useful software. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Participates in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Assists training with production of formal training material for sales/marketing
· Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
· Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
· Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies. Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope.
· Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
· Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions. Assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
· Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
· Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, opensource).
· Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
· Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
· Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
· Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
· Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance
· Contributes to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software.
· Prepares, reviews and analyzes software specifications for products and systems.
· Leads the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software.
· Prepares, reviews and analyzes software specifications for complex products and systems.
· Leads the review and analysis of design, functional, technical and user documentation.
· Leads the development, review, analysis and implementation of test strategies for software products and systems.
· Leads the development, test and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams.
· Leads the review, analysis and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software defects and business process problems.
· Designs and implements software lifecycle and quality assurance methods for projects and products.
· Defines, measures, analyzes and improves corporate and departmental quality metrics.
· Drives the implementation of Closed Loop Corrective Action systems for projects and processes that span multiple departments.
· Leads the deployment of projects and products of significant size and complexity.
· Provides accurate resource, schedule and cost sizing for software development and deployment projects
· Expert in software technologies influencing lines of business.
· Broad and in depth knowledge of whole software architecture and applications, proactively root cause problems and finds solutions and best practices.
· Clarifies existing solutions and products for customers, solve situations for customers.
· Understands new technologies/processes and production uses, implements them within teams and across functions.
· Architecting software products, influencing product lines, specifications, features.
· Influences and monitors implementation of solution and product strategy, with some influencing and mgmt and Executive levels. Working cross-functionally to align requirements within organization for software partners solutions and products
· 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Advanced knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities.
· Responsible for the successful implementation, delivery, integration and deployment of high-quality software into systems and business processes.
· Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms. Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems.
· Able to code and effectively guide others to code flexible and scalable programs that meet complex requirements. Able to constructively coach less-senior engineers.
· In-depth knowledge of multiple Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to apply multiple Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methods appropriately.
· Experience with, and able to provide leadership in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test and delivery.
· In-depth knowledge of test strategies for a variety of different software products
· Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
· Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
· Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
· Exciting internal career opportunities
· Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
· An individual professional development plan
· Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000OZN
- Dell Wyse Hardware Engineering Program Manager - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Product Manager Security - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Sr. Hardware Product Manager - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Sr. Product Manager CCM Infrastructure Interface - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Sr. Product Manager Ophelia - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Sales Support Sr. Analyst San Jose CA - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Proposals Consultant San Jose CA - San Jose, CA
- Dell WYSE Sales Support Advisor San Jose CA - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Engineering Program Manager - San Jose, CA
- Dell Wyse Technical Support Engineer - San Jose, CA