Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive High Availability Test Engineer II San Jose, CA
Test Engineer II
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security and data protection. SonicWALL’s industry-leading Next-Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls complement Dell’s security solutions portfolio, enabling Dell to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
- Responsible for system level test of Dell SonicWALL UTM Products (Performance/Capacity Test and Traffic Reliability Test).
- Analyze customer network topology, application and specific service requirement; design system level test cases and test plans and test strategy, execute test cases, analyze test result, generate test report
- Focus on TCP/IP and Network Security related knowledge areas
- Strong technical background of TCP/IP and Network Security related protocols such as IPSec, OSPF, RIP, VLAN, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Experience in using third party test equipment like IXIA, Spirent and BreakingPoint
- Experience in testing multicast protocols like PIM-SM, IGMP, MLD and MSDP is an added advantage
- Ability to perform various test activities ranging from functional, boundary, error, performance, capacity, stress and load testing
- Working experience in Windows and Unix environment including knowledge of shell commands are needed.
- Solid background in L2 switching and L3 routing protocols.
- Good understanding of testing Network Security applications (Firewall, IPS, IDS, Vulnerability)
- Experience in script programming, e.g., C, Perl and Tcl/Tk is a plus;
- Experienced in system integration, system testing, of wired and wireless networks is a plus
- Able to analyze, use and configure medium to large networks.
- Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as some work being done is through remote communication.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Able to work effectively with and provide guidance to EE team and other collaborating workgroups.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
· Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
· Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
· Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
· Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
· Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
· Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
· Exciting internal career opportunities
· Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
· An individual professional development plan
· Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Requisition Number: 12000Y2G
Share this Job
Learn more about
careers at Dell
Get Job Alerts
About Engineering Jobs
Useful. Efficient. Effective. That’s what we create. Behind every desktop, notebook, server, training program and cloud solution is a host of talented minds. Our Engineers and the jobs they do are a special component of this group. Our Engineering professionals dream, design and produce the very products and services that have made us an industry powerhouse. Even more impressive, our Engineers allow us to rapidly respond to market changes, and remain a step ahead of our competition. In your job as an Engineer, you'll help us develop innovative designs and sustained solutions for all of our client and enterprise products produced worldwide. State-of-the-art tools. Hundreds of issued patents. And a pipeline that keeps getting stronger. They're all a testament to the level of expertise – and achievement – you can expect in an Engineering career at Dell.
To check your application
status and job cart, click here.