Security Center Operations Analyst Dell SecureWorks Atlanta, GA
SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,600 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
Working in a Security Operations Center, a Security Center Analyst answers inbound phone calls, addresses client emails, and prepares and monitors network security devices such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and other Unix/Linux based platforms. Additionally, this position also provides basic level troubleshooting support for all devices managed and monitored by Device Management Team. All work is tracked via a ticket based CRM system. Applicants must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, and be capable of maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
- Professionally field inbound phone calls from clients, authenticating them, creating tickets, and answering basic questions or informational requests
- Work within a 7x24 shift-scheduled security operations environment
- Dedication to client Service and passion for learning and security
- Answer emails or assessing service requests that are opened by clients
- Shadow Firewall DM Engineers participating in training or lab activities
- Meet service level agreements related to device change processing
- Complete training projects assigned by management
- Perform basic change requests on firewall or IDS/IDP plaforms
- Work within CRM ticketing system to log and track all work
- Investigate incident tickets and use internal/external resources to help resolve basic client issues
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
Requirements & Experience:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience: undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of basic networking skills including areas such as TCP/IP protocol and the different layers of networking (OSI) and routing
- Fundamental understanding of Linux or UNIX via command line
- Basic experience and knowledge of firewall technology such as NetScreen, PIX, CheckPoint or an open source application such as IPTABLES
- Well spoken and articulate containing an attention to detail with excellent writing abilities
- Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
Job Requisition Number: 12000TXL-2