Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
The new Dell Android Business Unit defines, develops and releases the current and future Dell Android devices. The Dell Android Software Team is responsible for the full Software stack from the BSP, Android OS, Applications and the Backend Services. We are a fast growing team, focusing on providing rich, elegant & distinct experiences for end users of our Android products, in the Post-PC era. We are seeking full-time Android Software Engineers to join the team. As a member of the team, you will work on building next generation products, impacting millions of Dell customers worldwide. We are looking for someone with strong experience in broad areas of Android from the OS internals to the application development. If you are interested in working with a passionate team of smart engineers, we would like to hear from you!
- Collaborate with Design team, and product managers, in defining the best mobile user experience.
- Design & implement new application features, using Android SDK.
- Design & implement scalable, reliable core extensions to Android, to application developers.
- Utilize the Android Framework, Development tools, APIs to provide Dell signature experiences.
- Contribute to & improve the overall performance, reliability, and efficiency of the application.
- Contribute to the larger team, by participating in code-reviews, testing, bug fixing & refactoring.
- Participate in the daily/weekly scrums, following the Agile process.
- M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in relevant work experience
- 2+ years of Android Application development experience
- 4+ years of Mobile development experience
- Experience in designing/extending APIs, in large & complex code bases
- Proficiency in Java, Android UI, Android SDK
- Strong object oriented fundamentals including multi-threading, memory management, caching algorithms, databases.
- Comfortable with data-structures, and efficient algorithm designs
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive salary and bonus plan as well as a great benefit package. For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.dell.com/.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy