Info Security Research Svcs IT Jobs
Location: North America
Vulnerability Analyst - Threat Intelligence
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine’s "Best Managed Security Service" award and Frost & Sullivan’s North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
The Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit (CTU) is a world-renowned group of elite security experts dedicated to identifying, analyzing, and developing countermeasures to the constant flow of threats and vulnerabilities. Our mission is to protect Dell SecureWorks' clients, support members of our Security Operations Centers (SOCs), support clients during complex incident response engagements, and drive innovation to enhance Dell SecureWorks' capabilities to detect, resist, and respond to threats.
Do you have the skill, thoroughness, and dedication to be a member of our CTU Threat Intelligence team? Be involved in discovering, researching, and assessing the significance of emerging security vulnerabilities and threats. Fuel your passion for the Information Technology field by collaborating with other security professionals and leveraging our proprietary applications to deliver concise, detail-oriented, and actionable information on the latest threats to both our clients and the teams that we support.
- Maintain and execute processes to monitor, collect, and update information about software vulnerabilities for input into threat databases and publication via the Dell SecureWorks Customer Portal;
- Maintain and execute processes to analyze, categorize, and score vulnerability information to inform customer protection;
- Participate in peer review of day-to-day quality of work for other Vulnerability Analysts.
- Support CTU Operations team creation of countermeasures for client protection;
- Support Security Operations Center through responding to escalations; and
- Initiate and apply innovation via short-to-moderate term projects to improve process efficiency and service value.
- 2+ years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, software development, and/or TCP/IP network administration;
- 2+ years of experience with a variety of security-related processes, including secure coding practices, patch management, vulnerability analysis or IDS/IPS;
- Ability to analyze a software vulnerability in order to appropriately characterize threat, provide remediation advice, and assign a meaningful severity score / priority;
- Familiarity with classes of software vulnerabilities, appropriate remediation, and industry classification schemes (CVE, CVSS, CWE, CPE);
- Ability to query SQL databases
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
- vulnerability analysis or IDS/IPS
- secure coding practices
- patch management
- Undergraduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience; or
- Graduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 0-2 years of relevant experience; or
- 6-8 years of relevant combination of education and work experience.
- CISSP, GIAC, or SSCP certification preferred.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyEqual Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 14000VV0
Similar Dell Jobs
To check your application status and job cart, click here.My Status