Senior Java J2EE Developer, Palo Alto, CA
Responsible for architecting, developing distributed cluster controller system to deliver feature set required to enable Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution. The controller platform will also need to develop various applications for SDN. Must have the ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently and a demonstrated ability to lead remote teams in time-critical projects. Development/delivery may be accomplished as lead engineer or as a contributor on a larger team. Responsibilities will include scoping, designing and implementation in Java/J2EE. Will also work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and reliability requirements. Must be able to carry out complex tasks with a minimum of guidance and be comfortable providing detailed guidance to others.
- Driving the architecture and design of Java based software system to configure and manage end-to-end virtual and physical Ethernet networks
- Leading development & delivery of software for distributed system that is responsible to deliver networking solutions to enable rapid deployment of networks for cloud providers (public and private)
- Designs complex programs and specifications. Develops analysis and design of systems and/or programs. Review changes in code and the environment to determine impacts on system performance
- Research and recommend software applications/tools to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Driving generation of comprehensive architecture and feature specification documents
- Develops, integrates and implements related applications components, server-side development and database integration.
- Leading Dell specific test plan development and execution
- Preparation of technical product documentation used internally and externally
- Must be able to drive problem-solving strategies for complex issues that involve cross-functional disciplines
Minimum of 7 years of software development in J2EE technologies
- Experience building scalable server application software and/or distributed systems
- Extensive experience writing modern Java/C++ code with OO design.
- Experience with development in a large-scale distributed systems with fault tolerance such as large distributed management systems, database replication, high availability, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Java/J2EE, IP protocols, and Linux OS.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy