Dell Networking has been going through dramatic transformations in the last few years. Dell has evolved far beyond the roots as only a campus LAN switching company. With acquisitions from Force10 Networks and SonicWALL, Dell now has a comprehensive portfolio of datacenter and edge devices. Dell Networking is seeking highly technical, qualified candidates for our backline networking escalation team. In this role you will support our frontline call agents, onsite deployment engineers, and other escalation resources from our software, storage and server groups. This role utilizes skills in troubleshooting, design, and project management on a daily basis. Candidates must be willing to learn emerging technologies such as SDN, as we strive to be on the cutting edge of the datacenter.
- Resolve highly complex issues for enterprise solutions
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance to employees to help them improve their technical skills
- Provide technical assistance to help resolve issues relating to a variety of enterprise technologies
- Research and reproduce technical issues using enterprise data center lab resources
- Work with vendors’ engineering groups to provide solutions to complex issues
- Develop and deliver training related to technical specialties
· 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience)
· 2 years’ experience integrating and troubleshooting a broad range of technologies including Servers, Storage and Networking in a datacenter environment
· Proven Mastery installing, configuring and troubleshooting:
- Enterprise Class Networking hardware and protocols
· Enterprise Wireless Networking
- Packet capture analysis
- Cisco IOS/NXOS
- LAN switching, OSPF, BGP
- Supporting Expert Knowledge in at least one area:
· Microsoft Applications (Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, and Active Directory)
· Linux OS
· SAN Hardware and Software
· Network Attached Storage Software
- Fibre Channel Networking
- Server Virtualization technology
- Proven ability to make technical decisions with little or no management intervention
- Experience working in highly technical, highly complex enterprise computer environments
- Proven track record of multi-tasking keeping deliverables on target
· One or more engineering-level certifications, such as:
· CCNP (any specialization), CCIE
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled