To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Remote - Texas, United States
The Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement Platform Team is at the center of driving Marketing’s transformation at Dell. This team is creating the framework of technologies and workflows that enable exceptional, adaptive experiences for customers and prospects.
In today’s world, Customer data is quickly turning into the most precious business asset. Dell’s ability to leverage customer data is however dependent on earning and keeping customers’ trust, ensuring customer preferences are honored while delivering high value experiences across Dell Technologies’ portfolio.
The Global Marketing Privacy team in partnership with the Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement Platform team ensures Marketing at Dell Technologies operates in compliance with Dell’s global privacy standards and advocates for best in class privacy customer experiences that drive value to our customers and Dell.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Privacy Specialist on our Global Marketing Privacy team in Round Rock, Texas.
The Privacy Specialist plays a key role in global compliance with Dell privacy programs by serving as the first and primary contact with Marketing colleagues regarding privacy matters. Tasked with operationalizing and sustaining data privacy requirements and leveraging a deep understanding of data usage across products and teams, you will work with the Privacy Legal Team to implement legal requirements for new products, technologies, features, campaigns, and processes. Additional focus will be on request management triage, team processes and general operational team support.
- Act as the main point of contact in responding to business stakeholders’ inquiries related to privacy matters and providing timely, thorough responses
- Advise and support Dell teams in their design, development and implementation of new technologies, products, processes, and vendors
- Communicate effectively to represent compliance positions and requirements while moving forward the best interests of the business, balancing risk with business objectives
- Assist with annual review of privacy processes to validate and ensure ongoing compliance
- Work with key business stakeholders to complete Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) related to technologies, products, processes and vendors
- Support data flow mapping and inventory to ensure appropriate documentation is in place for legal compliance
- Assist global privacy operations team on process and tools improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Computer Science, Marketing or related field)
- 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Information technology experience required. Strong interest in privacy laws. Experience working on global privacy compliance programs is preferred
- Strong understanding of digital consumer, market, business and technology trends, based on experience from the technology sector or experience from digital media or advertising industry
- MBA from a top tier school with a focus on Human Resources, Operations or Marketing is a plus
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Job ID: R070671