Sr Advisor Delivery SpecialistApply Now Job ID R10847 Date posted 10/09/2017
Job Family: Professional Services
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of DELL EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with DELL EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of DELL EMC products.
- Technical knowledge on various DELL EMC Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Experience in managing storage migration technology.
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to DELL EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by DELL EMC best practice documentation.
- Installs DELL EMC software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment. Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager direction.
- Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results. May occasionally be called upon to act as a backup to the Project Manager or to provide team technical leadership on specific implementations.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with DELL EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Stays current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of DELL EMC software products, including new and soon to be released products.
- Represents DELL EMC in a professional manner to customers, DELL EMC Partners and other DEL EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- DELL MC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- 7-10 Years’ Experience.
- Level 2 or Level 3 System Administration in Unix flavors such as Solaris or HPUX or AIX or Linux Redhat.
- Preference to have worked on Windows Server Environment aswll.
- Data Migration skill set using host based utilities such as LVM Mirroring, VxVM Mirroring and etc.
- Knowledge in SAN/EMC Products is advantageous.
- Knowledge in VMWare/Virtualization added Advantageous. Strong Technical Aptitude
Job ID: R10847 Apply Now
- Senior Advisor, Strategic Business Development Central Singapore
- Sr Analyst , Sales Operations - CPSD Central Singapore
- Dell Software & Peripherals PR & Internal Communications Sr. Advisor Central Singapore