Data Center Solution PrincipalRemote - Texas, United States, Remote - Alabama, United States;Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Michigan, United States;Remote - Washington, United States 02/25/2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Data Center Solution Principal - Channels on our Support and Deployment Services team.
The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal role is a creative, outgoing pre-sales professional with a passion for technology evangelism, sales and custom solution development. The Data Center Solution Principal lives in a world between sales leadership and services delivery. The Data Center Solution Principal is experienced at architecting and evangelizing technology solutions. The Data Center Solution Principal is a dynamic speaker and presenter of technology solutions.
The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal with a High-end Storage Services (Residency, Deployment and Converged Infrastructure/Hyper-converged Infrastructure) focus is a unique role in our organization. In this role, you will help define and grow the High-end Storage services business by working directly with customers, sales, delivery leads, Dell EMC Solutioning Team and subject matter experts across the Dell EMC High-end Storage business. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, with a focus on customers and driving business results. You will have the opportunity to help architect services solutions for our customers’ toughest IT challenges, in particular helping customers implement services across the Dell EMC deployment services portfolio.
Our customer base in the United States includes some of the largest aerospace, financial, healthcare, high technology, insurance, and manufacturing businesses in the world. You will have the opportunity to present to some of the greatest minds in the IT industry. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working,
professionally mature, and technology savvy individual who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence.The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal is expected to spend approximately 70% of their time working service led sales pursuits with the Support and Deployment Services (SDS) sales team and delivery organizations, 15% of time in proactive demand generation activities with the sales organization, and 15% of time growing proficiency in the Dell EMC High-end storage services offerings to enable continued growth and success in the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Data Center Solution Principal role will be responsible for:
- Working with the core sales organizations articulate our unique perspective on GTM service solutions and credentialing our delivery capabilities using success stories to meet customer needs.
- Gathering, documenting, and understanding customer specific scope requirements and expectations for value based outcomes in coordination with the Services Sales Executives (SSEs).
- Collaborating and working with other Solutions Principals within the Solutioning Team organization, Delivery Leads and Subject Matter Experts, as well as other business partners to develop solution proposals to satisfy customer specific scope requirements and value-based outcomes. Required proposals include:
- Scope objectives based on customer requirements
- Major project work streams, activities, deliverables, and timeline to achieve customer outcomes
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities between core sales team roles, customer roles, and business partner roles
- Proposed service fees and terms for Dell EMC delivery and/or business partner resource level of effort and bottoms-up expense estimates.
- Critical assumptions that need to be true to support the project timeline and proposed service fees.
- Leading sales pursuits and ensuring compliance with pursuit management processes and governance model:
- Schedule, invite key stakeholders, facilitate, and provide input to the Dell EMC Delivery Team solution reviews and risk assessments.
- Facilitating “Early Demand” or “Start at Risk” requests through Dell EMC Delivery Leadership approval and Resource Management understanding of resource staffing needs.
- Working with Dell EMC Delivery Leads, Solutioning Team and Subject Matter Experts to develop Statements of Work consistent with the terms approved during reviews
- Providing Core Sales Teams support during customer scope and legal negotiations of Statements of Work.
- Owning and driving transition of customer awarded Statements of Work and expectations to Dell EMC Delivery Teams, as well as participating during internal project kickoffs.
- Updating Salesforce.com opportunities with pursuit team contribution
- Managing and proactively communicating status on portfolio of assigned sales pursuits, as well as consistently and effectively managing expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer.
- Participating on Dell EMC Product Group calls to provide feedback on what is or isn’t resonating for assigned marketplace, as well as insights on potential new solutions and offers to consider.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A candidate for the Data Center Solution Principal role should have:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts.
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.).
- A high degree of learning agility; passionate about learning and mastering new concepts quickly and independently; good research skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to tailor offerings to the meet the unique aspects of a given customer scenario and thus maximize the value of our solution(s).
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, proposal and statement of work writing, and delivery of white board or formal presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization with a strong desire to lead diverse teams thru multiple sales campaigns to completion.
- A strong and persuasive sales oriented personality that can partner with and influence the Dell EMC Sales Teams, the Solutioning Team and Delivery Teams to position and win services business.
Preferred / Desired Skills and Experience
Skill expectations of a Data Center Solution Principal. Preferred / desired skills and experience for this role also include:
- 10+ years of pre-sales support and/or delivery experience in a consulting or professional services environment with a major and minor understanding of:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a dynamic workload of competing priorities and deliverables while proactively communicating expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer. Proactively asks for help when needed to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with frequent travel throughout the assigned Theater to support sales campaigns, customer briefings, and training. In addition, some of our multi-national customers have operations outside the assigned Theater and travel may be required to those locations.
- Experience writing Statements of Work for customers and sub-contracts with partners preferred.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- Account Executive 3 - NA Retail Sales Texas
- Data Center Sales Executive- Direct Sales Alabama
- Account Executive, Commercial Sales California