Cloud Security Consultant
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; El Segundo, California, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Irvine, California, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Palo Alto, California, United States; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Roseville, California, United States; San Diego, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Clara, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States; Scottsdale, Arizona, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Warren, New Jersey, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Cloud Security Consultant
Location: Remote – United States
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Cloud Security Consultant on our Cybersecurity Consulting team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Cloud Security Consultant, you will help support our internal-facing, corporate Cybersecurity Consulting organization and will partner closely with teams across Dell Technologies to ensure the success and security of various Cloud programs/projects as well as other initiatives. You will provide security guidance and direction to help ensure adherence to Dell’s Cloud security policies & standards.
- Define security requirements while engaging directly with stakeholders within Dell’s Business Units and Information Technology organizations to ensure products, services and solutions are designed to adhere to those requirements across Dell’s private, hybrid and public Cloud environments
- Support the development of Cloud solutions that meet regulatory requirements including, but not limited to EU GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.
- Assist, as a technical SME, with the development, maintenance and communication of Cloud security policies, standards and procedures
- Coordinate with security architects in providing guidance for creation and integration of secure Cloud-based designs & solutions
- Provide holistic security guidance and consultation at the project, program/portfolio-level to a wide variety of internal business partners across network, host, database, application, and people/process security domains in addition to Cloud focus
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Expertise with Cloud service and deployment models (e.g. CaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS) and proven knowledge of Cloud-native/Cloud-friendly security controls
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience with two or more security domains such as: network security, authentication, security protocols, access control, cryptography, application security, data protection, etc.
- Working knowledge in relation to Cloud solutions with applicable laws, regulations, standards and best practices including, but not limited to, CSA CCM, NIST, ISO, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and EU GDPR
- Solid understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, information security, general security controls, application controls and assessing technology risks
- Foundational knowledge of risk management principles including identifying risks and solutions/remediations for minimizing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with 10+ years Security experience; or equivalent experience
- Individuals with CISSP, CISM, or CCSP certifications preferred
- Knowledge of risk management and audit standards, as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements and frameworks such as NIST 800-53, NIST Cyber, ISO 27001, ISO 27002, EU GDPR, PCI and Cyber Essentials framework helpful
- Experience with Threat Modelling
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R093995