Cybersecurity Engineer – Data Protection
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Jersey; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Warren, New Jersey, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Cybersecurity Engineer – Data Protection
Location: Remote – United States
As the digital world grows, so does the need to keep all data secure. The Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations team is on the cutting edge of how we keep all our customers' information safe. We design and implement network and security technologies for organizations. As part of this team, you will help choose the right IT tools to maximize the effectiveness of deployed defenses and rapidly troubleshoot impacted systems.
Join us as a Data Protection Engineer on our Cybersecurity Engineering & Operations team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Data Protection Engineer, you will have responsibility for providing thought leadership across security technology areas, aligning with both the business and cybersecurity objectives. You will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity, and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority-driven items which change based on need.
- Enhance data security and protection platforms according to business need through designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining large-scale systems, across multiple hardware and software platforms in a large-scale hybrid environment
- Define and implement best practices for DLP tools including CASBs and email security tools such as Proofpoint
- Translate business requirements, specifications, and generalized needs into product offerings including rules, monitors, alerts, and playbooks
- Provide security control enhancements recommendations based on regulatory and best practice procedures
- Operate and solve issues in modern virtualized, on-prem, cloud, and hybrid environments
- Plan and implement security features/components of Azure DLP and Office 365 such as Azure Information Protection
- Work in collaborative team environment utilizing Agile development methodologies and principles, mentoring teammates, and learning cross functional skills to support a range of technologies as a product offering
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining data loss prevention and data protection solutions
- In-depth knowledge, experience and deep understanding of: Authentication and Authorization methods, database schemas, and vendor integrations
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IT systems, domains, enterprise applications, DNS, networking, and data loss prevention technologies
- Knowledge of SSL certificate lifecycle management
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or equivalent relevant work experience
- Agile methodology experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R086732