Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst L3
Primary Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst L3
Location: Remote - US
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
As part of our Security & Resiliency organization, the Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT) is responsible for coordinating with IT, Legal, Human Resources, and other appropriate business units to gather incident details, assess impact, and coordinate response. This role interacts with all levels of the organization, particularly within the Global IT organization, and is viewed as a subject matter expert on Incident Response.
We are seeking a Level 3 Incident Response Analyst to join our CSIRT team. This role is responsible for investigating and reporting major security incidents supporting all Dell business units and mergers & acquisitions. This role requires experience in all phases of Cybersecurity Incident Response, including preparation, analysis, notification, response, recovery, and post-mortem. We look to this role as the global Incident Response subject matter expert.
The focus of the role is primarily responding to security incidents, managing and consistently maturing the security incident response process to meet the needs of Dell, and building the Global Incident Response team's technical investigative capabilities (process & technology).
- Serve as one of the four global escalation points for cybersecurity incidents not resolved at the L1/L2 levels
- Perform technical cybersecurity investigations on security incidents, root cause analysis, recommend and mitigate the effects caused by an incident
- Provide technical Incident Response guidance to the L1 and L2 Incident Response Analysts
- Mature the Security Incident Response process to ensure it meets the needs of the global business and is adhered to
- Assist with the creation and refinement of Incident Response run books
- Participate in shift handoff activities
- Interface with other CSIRT teams to continuously improve the Incident Response function
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, or information security/cybersecurity
- 5+ years of cybersecurity Incident Response experience; strong technical experience and familiarity of various types and techniques of cyber-attacks, with the incident response and threat hunting lifecycles
- Strong knowledge of security technologies such as SIEM, Full packet capture, Firewall / next-generation firewall (NGFW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), User & Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA)
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, networking protocols, Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix platforms and tools with related experience in corporate infrastructures
- IAM experience
- Must be a US Citizen; ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government security clearance
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Archer, NetWitness, Carbon Black, McAfee ePO, Splunk
- Forensic analysis experience
- Prior experience as a Pen Tester and/or Ethical Hacker
- Should possess one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, SANS GCIH, GCIA, GNFA, GREM, CEH
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal); excellent command in English
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment, with a positive and professional attitude
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R065336