Data Engineer - Insider Risk Operations
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Scottsdale, Arizona, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; St Louis, Missouri, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Data Engineer - Insider Risk Operations
Location: Remote – United States
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Data Engineer - Insider Risk Operations on our Cybersecurity eDiscovery, Forensics & Investigations team remotely in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Data Engineer - Insider Risk Operations, you will utilize scientific methodologies using predictive analytics to help identify and convey insider risk and risk management activities to our business operations. You will work closely with Insider Risk and Digital Forensics teams and oversee the large-scale development of the Insider Risk Operations data analytics program. You will provide recommendations and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Insider Risk program.
- Collaborate with Insider Risk Operations personnel to understand their mission needs, and identify forward thinking data science approaches for operationalization
- Identify, monitor, and evaluate information effectiveness from multiple data sources including company databases
- Develop custom data models and algorithms within company databases to apply to data sets; use predictive modeling to increase and optimize measures and methods associated with internal monitoring
- Conduct advanced analysis of security data to detect insider risk related activities and develop predictive indicators
- Develop processes, procedures, and notifications to examine and measure insider risk and implement appropriate risk mitigation methodologies
- Manage various analytical tools and information systems to identify and follow trends in order to provide actionable intelligence
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of Data Analysis/Modeling, Business Intelligence or Data Science concentrations including experience with data mining, descriptive and predictive modeling, risk analysis, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, event log processing, and mathematical modeling
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, MATLAB, Java, R, C/C++, SAS, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience with intelligence reporting, analytics and analytical report writing, and visualization software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with database management systems, data warehousing, query language, reporting generators, data access, storage and retrieval
- Must be a US Citizen; ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, data sciences, business intelligence, data analytics, or similar discipline with eight or more years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education/professional experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with Insider Risk and/or Risk Management data analysis
- Experience in building data analytic processes and procedures
- ETL expertise
- CAP, CISSP, CISA, CISM or related SANS certifications
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R089162