Data Engineer Lead – Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management
Primary Location: Round Rock
Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Join us as a Data Engineer in Austin, TX or Remote US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career
The Data Engineer Lead will drive key strategic initiatives focused on the quality of reported vulnerability findings, ensuring proper translation across reporting systems, identify gaps and opportunities, triage discrepancies, and drive change towards operational excellence in reporting of vulnerabilities as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management team.
- Core focus on leading, developing, supporting vulnerability data aggregation and reporting processes, tooling and automation
- Develop and manage ongoing process improvements to the reporting workflow focusing on automation, accuracy, and timeliness of information
- Document and maintain business architecture, requirements, reporting and analytic solution’s configurations, and processes, ticketing, strategy and roadmap for vulnerability risk tooling
- Develop cross functional team relationships to become trusted point of contact and liaison for data quality and system integration inquiries, while acting as vendor liaison and subject matter expert coordinating all issues, capability gaps, and enhancement requests in the product.
- Develop, manage, and measure KPIs, KRIs and additional metrics to understand the trends, quality, and insights from the vulnerability results to facilitate business decisions, automation development, and update of executive dashboards, reports and templates
- 10+ years’ experience in data modeling/analysis/engineering and data quality assurance or similar field with Bachelor’s degree in related field or similar certifications
- Strong expertise in Python, MSSQL, ELT processes and other like scripting, Excel, PowerBI, Splunk, and other reporting tools
- Advanced skills in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata dependency and workload management while defining and tracking against a stated list of goals, objectives or KPIs
- Ability to Lead and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities while being able to communicate effectively with technical development teams as well as business leaders to devise and implement processes and process improvements in order to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborative / team player, self-driven independent and customer-oriented with forward looking vision referencing agile backlog of enhancement and priorities
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R073524