Digital Forensics & Incident Response Strategist
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Additional Location(s): Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Digital Forensics & Incident Response Strategist
Location: Remote - US
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are seeking a Strategist to join our Digital Forensics & Insider Risk Operations team. The Strategist will operate as a team lead on high-profile and sensitive investigations and will serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of digital forensics, incident response and related emerging technologies.
We are looking for someone to help provide the vision for the next generation of how we conduct Digital Forensics and Incident Response. This role is a combination of being a researcher, mentor, visionary, and hands-on subject matter expert for active operations. The successful candidate will be someone who exhibits a combination of the following: active in research and publishing findings, speaks regularly at conferences, trains others in their area of expertise, and maintains hands-on skills.
- Provide digital forensic services to include data capture and analysis from a variety of devices and storage media to include computers, servers, mobile phones, network appliances and other external storage components
- Provide digital forensic services for on-prem/off-prem data repositories to include third party cloud-based solutions
- Serve as digital forensics team lead on incident response and other high-profile and sensitive investigations
- Perform advanced data analysis to include memory forensics and reverse engineering
- Review log-based data both in raw form and utilizing SIEM or aggregation tools and create timeline analysis
- Serve as a mentor and assist in the professional development of other digital forensic staff
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide depositions or testimony in formal proceedings to include Civil or Criminal settings
- Assist in the design and implementation of digital forensic capabilities utilizing virtualization technologies
- Assist with the design, implementation and maintenance of a digital forensic lab network infrastructure
- Provide insight on emerging technologies and make recommendations to address the impact on digital forensic business operations
- Participate in the design, testing and deployment of emerging technologies and solutions
- 12+ years experience with digital forensics process and procedures to include digital evidence handling, chain of custody, data and memory acquisition techniques and advanced data analysis
- Experience analyzing a variety of operating systems and data artifacts including Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android
- Experience using EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, SleuthKit, Volatility, IDA Pro, Cellebrite, IEF, AXIOM, BlackLight, MacQuisition, Splunk, Carbon Black, WireShark, TCPDump as well as other open source tools
- Understanding of various database structures/concepts and experience analyzing and generating information using SQL
- Experience training and/or mentoring digital forensic and/or incident response staff
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, PowerShell, EnScript)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
- Experience as a law enforcement investigator at the local, state or federal level
- Experience in a security related professional services consulting firm
- Experience managing Digital Forensic and Incident Response Teams
- Nice to have: CFCE, CCE, CHFI, EnCE, ACE, CISSP or related GIAC certifications
- Understanding of ANAB/ASCLD Digital Forensic Laboratory Accreditation standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information, concepts or ideas in a poised and well-organized manner
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, an intellectual curiosity and the ability to adapt to change
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R066542