To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING, PRODUCTION ENGINEERING (Virtual Position)
Primary Location: San Francisco, California
Additional Location(s): Annapolis Junction, Maryland
We are looking for a DevOps leader to lead our talented operations focused teams, who operate the Boomi platform and runtime clouds for our 11,000+ tenants globally..
What You Will Do
- Lead Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Performance Scalability Reliability (PSR) teams based in the US, and scale globally. Manage, mentor and coach first line managers and individual contributors, hiring and retaining A-level talent.
- Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and continuous learning/growth mindset. Champion agile and lean principles promoting ownership and alignment to company goals.
- Identify, prioritize and implement infrastructure changes impacting the organization - building components, tooling, run books and standard operating procedures.
- Work with service teams to automate infrastructure, software delivery, management and monitoring, diagnostics and remediation to reduce the amount of toil required.
- Incident management for production systems - on-call and alerting - leading virtual cross-functional production team members from each service, Support and Success.
- Track service level objectives, indicators and agreements, and other metrics e.g. mean time to diagnostics, recovery, time between failures etc. Regularly report key metrics to development leaders and executives using well defined DevOps frameworks.
- Identify areas to strategically invest for performance, resiliency and scalability. Test our response and effectiveness in disaster recovery via regular game day simulations.
- Provide security implementation and vulnerability responses for any compliance needs e.g. FedRAMP, HA/DR needs, via training, best practices, reviews and automation.
- Manage budget for Operations and R&D infrastructure via FinOps, prioritizing and implementing cost optimization recommendations, eliminating waste and inefficiencies.
Requirements for Success
- Passionate about SRE, DevOps, Automation and infrastructure platforms with a strong desire to make an impact in a world-class SaaS operations team.
- 15+ years’ experience in overall IT and Operations space with increasing scope of responsibilities. 5+ years with DevSecOps, SRE or AWS Well Architected Framework procedures, and tooling on at least one top cloud provider. AWS experience is a plus.
- Previous experience standing up and leading a globally distributed DevOps/SRE team at a Fortune 1000 organization with executive stakeholders and budget responsibility. Skilled in global incident management using follow-the-sun models.
- Proven track record of executing projects with major business impact and providing credible hands-on management to highly qualified engineers.
- Effective leadership, change management, project management, influencing and decision making skills. Strategic thinker with strong operational skills.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present ideas to technical and business, and at the executive, customer, company and team-level.
- A self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity and builds trusted relationships. Has a “can do” attitude and entrepreneurial resourcefulness in getting things done for multi-constituent stakeholders in a fast-paced environment of continuous change.
- ~25% travel domestic / international
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R066458