Endpoint Security Engineer
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
Endpoint Security Engineer
Location: Remote – United States
As the digital world grows, so does the need to keep all data secure. The Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations team is on the cutting edge of how we keep all our customers' information safe. We design and implement network and security technologies for organizations. As part of this team, you will help choose the right IT tools to maximize the effectiveness of deployed defenses and rapidly troubleshoot impacted systems.
Join us as an Endpoint Security Engineer on our Cybersecurity team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an Endpoint Security Engineer, you will work across the various global IT teams and business units and coordinate resources to effectively perform maintenance and response tasks. You will contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity, and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority items which change based on need.
- Be responsible for the successful execution of upgrades, enhancements and requests
- Identify and recommend process improvements and develop new approaches and techniques for use by others
- Provide security control enhancement recommendations based on regulatory and best practice procedures
- Review, analyze and resolve difficult and complex information security problems; and document and communicate findings
- Present incident response report and lessons learned to management
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong experience with operating system installations, management and troubleshooting
- Linux (server) and Windows (desktop): strong experience with operating system install, management, troubleshooting as well as knowledge of compliance/patching
- Experience with testing, validation of applications, and benchmarking
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- 8+ years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Security, IT systems, domains, enterprise applications
- Ability to work with vendors to drive Dell requirements
- Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to non-technical teams
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R094580