Leasing & Financing Counsel – Government Contracts
Primary Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; East Rochester, New York, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Fairfield, Connecticut, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Melville, New York, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; New York City, New York, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Wallingford, Connecticut, United States; Warren, New Jersey, United States
Leasing & Financing Counsel – Government Contracts
Location: Remote – United States
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
Join us as a Legal Counsel on our Dell Financial Services Legal team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Leasing & Financing Counsel, you will support enterprise and government transactions for Dell Financial Services (DFS), a global, financial services company that is part of Dell Technologies. DFS focuses on delivering value at every step of the customer experience, providing flexible payment solutions and financing options that allow customers to acquire technologies to meet their business needs. DFS leases and finances technology across the Dell Technologies portfolio including Dell, DellEMC and VMware solutions, and provides payment plans enabling the acquisition of technology and services from Dell including equipment financing, equipment leasing, and flexible consumption.
- Negotiate lease/finance agreements and technology agreements in connection with the sale of products and solutions across the Dell Technologies family to enterprise and public-sector customers
- Help lead global expansion and legal strategy for the Dell Technologies portfolio of consumption-based and aaS offerings in the commercial and public/federal sector
- Advise the Dell Financial Services stakeholders – including sales, finance, credit and operations – regarding a wide variety of commercial and regulatory topics
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- JD degree and member in good standing of at least one state bar
- 5+ years experience in a corporate, IP or commercial role either in-house or at a global company or national law firm
- Experience in technology transactions, including aaS agreements with end user customers or partners
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to serve as strong adviser to sales, be a solid team player and exercise sound business and legal judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including transactional work and strategic projects, and set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Interest in technology and ability to master the basics of Dell’s products and solutions to enable the structuring of complex transactions
- Experience in lease finance transactions with end user business and government customers (state/local or federal sector); general knowledge of leasing and financing laws and regulations in the U.S.
- Public sector/federal/government contracts experience a plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R087267