M&A and Venture Capital Counsel
Primary Location: Round Rock
Austin, Texas, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
M&A and Venture Capital Counsel
Location: Remote – Texas
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
Join us as an M&A and Venture Capital Counsel on our CorporateLegal team in Texas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an experienced M&A and Venture Capital Counsel, you will work closely with members of the Corporate Development team and the Corporate Legal team in structuring and managing M&A and venture capital transactions. You will work on a variety of strategic corporate transactions including domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and other corporate transactional activities, as well as other general corporate matters as needed.
- Manage all aspects of an M&A transaction, including drafting and negotiating NDAs, letters of intent, and definitive and ancillary agreements, advising on deal structure and legal risks, conducting legal due diligence, and supporting integration matters
- Partner closely with Dell Corporate Development and other cross-functional teams through each phase of a transaction
- Manage Dell’s venture capital portfolio investments, including drafting and negotiating term sheets, conducting legal diligence, and drafting definitive deal documents
- Manage internal and external deal processes and drive continuous process improvements
- Direct and manage outside counsel
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of general corporate matters as needed
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- J.D. degree and at least one state bar admission
- 5+ years of experience in mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital transactions in a law firm or in-house legal environment
- Experience running large complex M&A and venture capital deals
- Experience with a broad range of general corporate matters preferred but not required
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R077222