Pre-Sales Engineer Homeland Territory
Primary Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Remote - Idaho, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William); Remote - West Virginia, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States
Systems Engineer for Justice Department Agency
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”Are you an System Engineer who has experience in solutions that span the full IT ecosystem— we want you to talk to you about joining our Federal Pre-sales Team (Homeland). As an Systems Engineer who has experience in Compute, Networking, Storage and Virtualization, we want you to talk to you about joining our Homeland Federal Account Pre-Sales Engineering Team. Our Homeland Pre-Sales team provides proactive technical expertise on the full Data Center Portfolio and has a passion for helping clients achieve transformational business outcomes through the use of constantly evolving technologies and solutions. Our Homeland field sales professionals rely on technical support during the sales process – and our Homeland Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of sophisticated and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installation or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Join us as a Systems Engineer on our Sales Engineering team in the Federal Civilian covering a Department of Justice Agency in support of our nation to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Systems Engineer, you will provide pre-sales technical support to our field sales teams, helping to define the overall Dell Technologies solution for our customers using the full range of company products and services.
- Build and lead relationships for complex customer account(s)
- Work with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product, service and sales plans.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell Technologies solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipate technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell Technologies' engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully build relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Deliver and Lead high impact technical sales calls, presentations, and evaluations.
- Configure and document Dell Technologies software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives and verify operability of sophisticated product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Relevant System/Sales engineer selling experience or hands-on implementation/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or FSI)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with ability to engage with and influence key customer decision makers, from CIO level to enterprise architects, application owners and development teams, as well as LOB functions working down to the Private Cloud teams, bridging the gap between the customer ITSM and DevOps cultures
- Must be able to work in a highly matrixed organization and willing to reach out and leverage resource to get tasks completed
- 5 or more years of related experience in a relationship-selling role (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 5 of more years of engineering solutions (FBI experience preferred)
- Strong IT industry knowledge with a good understanding of government technology industry background valuable.
- Understanding of Law Enforcement vernacular and having a cyber background is valuable
- Knowledge or certification in ITIL, Dell, EMC, VMWare or similar qualifications
- Understanding of VMware, Multi-cloud, Security and Application development
- Expertise in multiple enterprise/data center technologies that may include but not limited to Compute, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, CI/HCI, Working knowledge of Storage Analysis and Monitoring Tools, HPC, Big Data and/or AI/M
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government personnel security clearance; Active clearance
- Willingness to travel 50% (post COVID)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 01 March 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R082700