Security Monitoring Services Consultant
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Wallingford, Connecticut, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Security Monitoring Services Consultant
Location: Remote – United States
As the digital world grows, so does the need to keep all data secure. The Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations team is on the cutting edge of how we keep all our customers' information safe. We design and implement network and security technologies for organizations. As part of this team, you will help choose the right IT tools to maximize the effectiveness of deployed defenses and rapidly troubleshoot impacted systems.
Join us as a Security Monitoring Services Consultant on our Cybersecurity Engineering & Operations team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Security Monitoring Services Consultant, you will support the business as part of a team of infrastructure operations-focused Data AI and Log Analytics Engineers. Working across the various global IT teams and business units, you will coordinate resources to effectively perform maintenance and response tasks. You will bring your wider security knowledge and experience to projects, along with a deep understanding of SIEM and logging/monitoring technologies.
- Expand AI Operations capability, including leveraging machine learning for orchestration of trends, identifying anomalies in logging data, and leveraging automation for problem resolution
- Research, evaluate, test, design and deliver enterprise-scale security solutions that satisfy security, business and customer requirements
- Identify data use (and misuse), gaps and opportunities
- Develop, document and diagram complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers
- Manage successful execution of upgrades, enhancements and requests; identify and recommend process improvements; and drive to closure all audit issues
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Expert knowledge of SIEM + logging/monitoring technologies
- Extensive experience in large enterprise server/network environments deploying and maintaining server (Linux/Windows), LAN and WAN infrastructures, and security
- Experience running test/validation of products and solutions; demonstrating solutions, documentation and handover to support teams
- Proven ability to think analytically and solve technical and business problems required
- Degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major with 10+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications relevant to the role such as: Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin or Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
- Knowledge of Splunk Administration, Design, Architecture, Deployment
- Knowledge of other SIEM technologies
- Experience of automation, SOAR/AIOPS
- Experience of supporting cloud environments
- Ability to work with vendors to drive Dell requirements
- Knowledge of the SAFE Agile framework
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R086779