To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Security Researcher - Detection - Secureworks - Remote
Primary Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Additional Location(s): Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Senior Security Researcher - Endpoint - Secureworks - Remote
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
- Development of countermeasures to detect or block threats:
- Endpoint countermeasures
- Discover how a threat manifests on the endpoint and research how to detect that threat in process, file, persistence, thread injections, or in-memory artifacts.
- Network IDS/IPS countermeasures
- Analyze how a network enabled threat transmits data over the wire and research how to detect or block that threat with Snort or Suricata IDS/IPS rule creation.
- Network Threat Indicators
- Research and curation of network threat indicators, such as known bad IP addresses or domain names for use in active blacklists.
- Endpoint countermeasures
- Contribute to the development and delivery of competitive services, methodologies, and deliverables in the security marketplace.
- Provide timely support for advanced malware analysis and reverse engineering escalations.
- Serve as a top subject matter expert in key elements of the practice (e.g. Forensics, Malware Analysis, Security Technologies...)
- Work as an internal subject matter expert for other departments, including marketing, product management, and the broader Counter Threat Unit research team.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Analysis of collected evidence artifacts for incident response and/or detection research.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with one or more of the following: Python, C, C++, Go, Scala, Spark.
- Experience in developing tools for cloud infrastructure analysis, network traffic analysis and the detection of malicious code in serverless infrastructure.
- Experience developing detection methods on ELK, Greylog, Splunk, or other SIEM-like technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of information security components, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of computer network exploitation (CNE) and computer network defense (CND) concepts.
- MS or PhD in engineering/computer science.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job ID: R066027