Senior Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Scottsdale, Arizona, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools
Location: Remote - United States
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Vulnerability Management Senior Advisoron our Cybersecurity team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Vulnerability Management Senior Advisor will be responsible for leading the design and deployment of vulnerability scanning solutions across the enterprise; participating in the creation, review and maintenance of current and proposed processes and procedures and related documentation within vulnerability scanning and tools team; and planning and executing vulnerability and compliance scans across the IT infrastructure and product environments.
- Ensure an active assessment capability across all Dell networks and infrastructure together with IT and engineering teams to improve the capability and quality of scanning activities where necessary
- Collaborate with other members of the IA/scanning team on daily issues, diagnose and resolve scanner software problems, and restore normal operation
- Adapts and evolves vulnerability scanning processes and procedures based on internal customer or business partner feedback.
- Develops and implements automated and continues scanning techniques to better support IT and application teams
- Exhibits good understanding of vulnerability validation, re-production, and remedy advice and vulnerability research skills.
- Cultivates the practice of staying abreast on latest trends and developments in vulnerability scanning tools and solutions, threat intelligence and remediation activities followed across industry
- Contributes to the vulnerability scanning and tools program through delivery of end results and contribution to future planning based on industry evolution and internal IT and application teams’ requirements
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- In-depth technical experience with any of the enterprise scanning tools (Nexpose, Tenable IO, Qualys, Twistlock, etc.)
- Ability to understand and consult on CIS and DISA STIG benchmarks
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, FISMA compliance methodologies and understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies and security attack vectors
- Experience in threat and vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (such as Python, Java Script etc.)
- A degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major and 4-6 years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Knowledge of Cloud architecture and Container technologies
- Good technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains
- CISSP or similar certification advantageous
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy hereJob ID: R098759