Senior Manager, Cloud Security Engineering
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States; Apex, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Bethesda, Maryland, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, United States; Chicago, Illinois, United States; Columbia, Maryland, United States; Columbia, South Carolina, United States; Columbus, Ohio, United States; Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States; Coral Gables, Florida, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; East Rochester, New York, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Fairfield, Connecticut, United States; Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Franklin, Tennessee, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Independence, Ohio, United States; Indianapolis, Indiana, United States; Irvine, California, United States; Jacksonville, Florida, United States; Lisle, Illinois, United States; Louisville, Kentucky, United States; McLean, Virginia, United States; Melville, New York, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; New York City, New York, United States; Palo Alto, California, United States; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Indiana, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Reston, Virginia, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; San Diego, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Clara, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States; Scottsdale, Arizona, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; St Louis, Missouri, United States; Tampa, Florida, United States; Vienna, Virginia, United States; Wallingford, Connecticut, United States; Warren, New Jersey, United States; Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States; West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Senior Manager, Cloud Security Engineering
Location: Remote – United States
The security of customers’ data and systems is of paramount importance to Dell Technologies. Our Product and Application Security team designs and develops software and systems to minimize security risks within our products. As experts working at the forefront of security, we undertake vulnerability response handling, implement the secure development lifecycle, coordinate security certifications, and develop common software security components and toolkits. As well as ensuring the authenticity and integrity of the product code during product development, we mitigate risks of sourcing and delivery of counterfeit or maliciously tainted components in our products.
Join us as a Senior Manager, Cloud Security Engineering on our Product & Application Security team located remotely in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization is focused on transforming security to meet the current demands of Digital Transformation across Dell Technologies, with a goal to drastically improve the security posture of our products and applications. We have diversified teams spread over 15 countries, passionate about “Shifting Security LEFT” to unleash our software development teams to deliver products and applications more securely like never with Speed and Scale.
As a Senior Manager, Cloud Security Engineering, you will provide domain-specific security expertise and overall software systems focusing on Project APEX. You will bring your passion for data, KPI and security metrics to build partnerships and drive collaboration with our APEX teams. You will also bring expertise leading/building teams to provide ongoing expectations, feedback and coaching to security engineers as they navigate through their career paths.
- Influence, inspire, motivate, and lead passionate security engineers who are focused to make a change on how security is delivered at speed and scale by effectively lead teams spread across geographic locations
- Unlock the unlimited potential in your team members to innovate and build futuristic security solutions and approaches to deliver continuous integrated security into SDLC and to increase operational efficiencies through automation and orchestration
- Foster a strong and inclusive engineering culture to develop, automate, orchestrate security technical capabilities using emerging technologies by hiring, staffing and developing of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for the development and support of operational and process improvement initiatives across the organization and drive initiatives to optimize processes, while driving accountability and ownership
- Develop and execute strategy to build best in class security for DevOps
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven hands-on experience with complex and highly sensitive workloads in public cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Understands security in public/private cloud space, how needs to be defined and how to message to business who are building products
- Knowledge and understanding of key differences between most popular cloud provider solutions and cloud orchestration tools (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BOSH, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Extensive experience with software development Lifecyle methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps, etc.)
- Hands-on experience building and leading teams as well as delivering DevSecOps platforms in complex environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Risk Management, Information Systems or related field with 10+ years experience; or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of on-premise managed deployments (Dell Technologies Project APEX, AWS Outpost)
- Good understanding of Virtualization technologies - VMs, Containers, VMware, KVM, Kubernetes & Functions-aaS
- Experience in open source technologies and cloud infrastructure
- One or More technical security certifications is a plus:
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security M
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R098785