Threat & Vulnerability Management Consultant
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Additional Location(s): Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Threat & Vulnerability Management Consultant
Location: Hopkinton, MA; Round Rock, TX; Remote – US (Eastern and Central Time Zones preferred)
The Dell Security & Resiliency (SRO) organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are seeking a Threat & Vulnerability Management Consultant to join our Cybersecurity, Analysis and Operations organization. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and managing vulnerability management activities in large enterprise environments. In collaboration with the corporate Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO), Cyber Assurance and Vulnerability Management team, the Threat & Vulnerability Management Consultant will work with the Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure and application teams to drive vulnerability remediation across IT segments and visualize vulnerabilities to executive leadership.
- Leads and drives remediation efforts within IT and Security environments to increase the efficiency of Dell IT and Cybersecurity vulnerability management processes
- Evaluates security issues, determines cause and impact, and identifies the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the event from happening in the future
- Articulates risk and impact to IT leaders, effectively conveys the urgency and need to remediate a vulnerability commensurate with the risk it presents to Dell and Dell IT
- Defines and reports program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics; presents reporting and metrics to Cybersecurity and IT Leadership
- Collaborates with various internal stakeholders (including IT Engineering and Infrastructure teams, Development, Legal, Corporate Communications, and other relevant teams in Cybersecurity) to conduct holistic response management on identified vulnerabilities and remediation efforts
- Works with Management to facilitate resolution to challenging business problems in a secure way; cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior management level
- Participates in the creation, review, maintenance and improvements of current and proposed processes/procedures and related documentation within vulnerability management and remediation team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field of study; or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- 10+ years of related experience, specifically in Engineering/IT Operations, Security Operations, Vulnerability Management and/or Incident Response
- 2+ years of experience in business process management, program management and/ or consulting
- Solid understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools/methodologies and security attack vectors
- Hands-on experience with Vulnerability Scanning & Management tools (e.g. Nexpose, Tenable, Kenna Security, etc.)
- Good understanding of vulnerability validation, reproduction, remedy advice and vulnerability research skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills; ability to diagnose and problem solve technical issues
- CISSP, CRISC, CISM or similar certifications
- US Citizen to be able to provide future support to Federal business
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic and tactical activities required to run the vulnerability management, response and remediation efforts
- Ability to assemble and lead virtual teams to resolve incidents and to work collaboratively and remotely with others to accomplish goals; ability to influence others or manage indirectly
- Risk-minded, proactive, with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to drive complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing priorities
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R064955