Senior Manager, Technical Content
Primary Location: Chesterbrook
Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Arkansas, United States; Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Delaware, United States; Remote - District of Columbia, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Idaho, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Iowa, United States; Remote - Kansas, United States; Remote - Kentucky, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Maine, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - Mississippi, United States; Remote - Missouri, United States; Remote - Nebraska, United States; Remote - Nevada, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - New York, United States (All Other); Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - North Dakota, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Oklahoma, United States; Remote - Oregon, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - South Dakota, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Utah, United States; Remote - Vermont, United States; Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William); Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Washington, United States; Remote - West Virginia, United States; Remote - Wisconsin, United States; Remote - Wyoming, United States
Senior Manager, Technical Content (Virtual/Remote)
Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that designs a cloud-native platform for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators to unite everything in their digital ecosystem, so that they and their customers achieve better outcomes, faster. The products we create enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs—all made possible by making it faster and easier to link data, systems, applications, processes, and people.
Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Technical Documentation, to join our growing Content practice in the User Experience Organization. You have the skills and enthusiasm for developing and building high-performing teams, and the desire to own the content processes and strategies that position people and product teams for success. You also have experience writing about, and using Cloud applications, including Enterprise Integration as a Service (iPaaS). Experience with API documentation and/or Software Development Kits (SDKs) is especially desirable.
This team is seeking someone with unique skills and qualities, to add to the diversity of our group, but we want someone who shares a knack for simplifying the complexity of our Platform’s robust capabilities, so that information is presented to users in clear, consumable, actionable ways. You will deliver accurate, concise, and well-written technical online content, on-screen help, error messages, and other content that helps and enables our users to perform their tasks. You have the demonstrated ability to innovate and modernize content and its delivery through the evaluation of metrics. And, you know how to manage and understand user needs and expectations, in order to effectively advocate for them.
We want someone who takes initiative, as well as feedback. In addition to mentoring a team of technical writers and UX writers, you’ll be working side-by-side with UX Researchers, Product Designers, Quality Engineers, Developers, Program Managers, and Product Owners.
This role is an addition to our team and plays a critical part in positioning the Content discipline to scale in proportion to the increasing demands for its work product. This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
Team Core Values:
• Be Scrappy: Commit to doing your best with the time and resources available; be nimble, lean, and flexible.
• Collaborate Respectfully: Provide a safe space for the exchange of ideas and feedback; communicate clearly and candidly; engage in active listening.
• Demonstrate Open-minded Curiosity: Ask questions, try new things, and recognize that there is always more to learn.
• Give a Damn: Demonstrate your passion for the work, the Content and UX communities, and helping others grow; challenge respectfully, but directly.
• Take Ownership: Show accountability by taking responsibility for your work and actions; show leadership by looking out for others.
• Lead departmental initiatives, as well as, manage, and mentor an internationally distributed team of highly skilled, award-winning technical writers
• Inform and influence the growth strategy for the Technical Writing discipline, and the emerging UX Writing specialization, in consultation with the Director of User Experience Track the Content discipline’s progress towards OKRs and Product roadmap fulfillment
• Actively participate in recruiting activities, including interviewing, hiring, performance evaluations, onboarding/offboarding, role changes, improvement plans, and terminations
• Champion the value of technical documentation and UX writing, throughout Product and Engineering
• Provide clear, timely, and direct feedback to peers, directs, and your leaders — Radical Candor is our team’s feedback framework
• Develop quality content for the intended audience: on time, and in accordance with established standards.
• Advocate for the user within product teams
• Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and cross-functional stakeholders to create and maintain technical content
• Demonstrate strong cross-functional team management
• Address customer feedback, and contribute to internal process documentation
• Proven people management experience. Must have the ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives and frame situations and make/influence/drive decisions and the desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate autonomously across teams in an agile environment
• Experience writing and using Cloud applications, including Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) API documentation and/or SDKs
• An understanding of the integral relationship between UX writing and designing
• Ability to translate complex technical concepts into user-friendly content for a variety of medium and audiences
• A growth mindset: you are eager to learn — from your mistakes, and from others, and you believe that new skills and talent can be developed
• Structured authoring skills, including DITA XML
• Knowledge of component content management systems (CCMS) and version control
• Experience creating and editing graphics and/or videos in support of documentation
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages