Software QA Automation Engineer – Secureworks – Remote, US
Primary Location: Atlanta
Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
As a Software QA Automation Engineer, you will be a key member of an exciting new product development initiative. You will be responsible for performing software testing in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology, including Cloud services and microservices. We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
The ideal applicant must have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem solving skills and in-depth knowledge of software manual testing and best practices. Applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment with very talented individuals on complex, early-stage development projects.
- Help design, implement and perform full lifecycle software testing
- Ensure code quality by verifying software behavior (manual, blackbox and automation testing)
- Work closely with software engineers and architects to ensure complete and accurate software testing
- Execute and analyze automated test results
- Evaluate new software testing technologies for appropriateness
- Identify and propose solutions for existing QA gaps
- Work with GIT and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Work with developers to identify, track and fix bugs
- Perform software testing in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- On Call Rotation
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing, deploying and running test in Linux
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with one or more of the following UI Frameworks: Selenium, Webdriver, Jasmine, Mocha, and/or SoapUI
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with writing automation test using Java
- Minimum of 2 years of testing experience with REST API
- Experience testing microservices in containerized environments (Docker, OpenShift, K8s)
- Experience with Go or Python
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, RHEL), using and working from CLI
- Experience designing and automating system/end-to-end test scenarios
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins pipeline and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum teams and/or Startup-like environments
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
Location: Remote, US
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job ID: R075682