Associate (Junior) System Engineer - Enterprise Pre-sales (Infrastructure Solutions)Atlanta, Georgia 05/21/2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We currently have an opening on our US Presales Enterprise team for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC products and services.
- At this level, supports moderately complex accounts
- Gains access and manages relationships with customer technical staff and Help Desk functions
- Assesses and verifies approach/method to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Articulates characteristics of the customer’s current environment
- Understands, analyzes and applies industry and market knowledge
- Understands the competition
- Understands and articulates third party and/or Channel’s role to create and position Dell solution
- Seeks counsel from other sales engineers, leaders, or cross functionaltechnical groups to ensure consistent approach/application
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
Candidate’s responsibilities should include involvement with the following:
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive understanding of the different storage vendors offerings from HDS, IBM, Oracle, NetApp, etc.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to data center architecture including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
- Working knowledge of Storage Analysis and Monitoring Tools
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise class storage.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with Cx0 level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
- Customer focused.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Job Family: Engineering Pre-Sales Sales
Job ID: R79006
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Software Principal Engineer Multiple Locations
- Software Engineer, Platform Engineering - Secureworks - Remote US Multiple Locations
- McAfee Platform Senior Engineer - Secureworks - Remote Multiple Locations