Associate Systems Engineer - Inside Sales(GSAP)
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Inside Associate Systems Engineer – North America Evergreen
About Your Role
As an Inside Associate Systems Engineer (ASE I), you will participate in the Inside Presales program to acquire the skills and knowledge to become great at your daily job responsibilities. You will be provided with the training and mentoring to set a firm foundation for your entry into Dell Technologies. This skillfully curated, role-based training includes an introduction to the data center industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell Tech way of doing business. Throughout 18 months of onsite training, you will support your team of more senior systems engineers in the important pre-sale development of technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities, as well as responses to information requests and proposals (RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) as required. We will continue to provide you resources, tools, and training to attain working knowledge within an assigned practice specialty. At all points in your new hire journey, you will have the support of your manager, your mentor(s), other systems engineers, peer specialty sales groups, and regional leadership.
About Dell Technologies North America Presales
We are a multi-national organization of dedicated technical solution designers and well-trained product advisors with a love for supporting our customers’ success. We come from engineering, liberal arts, and sales backgrounds, and we partner with other specialists from our family of companies to guarantee the best service and solutions for our clients. We are thought leaders who innovate together as a community, and we are connected by a global leadership that is focused solely on supporting and enabling our systems engineers. Those who join us have a track record that demonstrates they are passionately curious, supportive in teams and to customers, and have the tenacity to problem solve. If this is you, then we invite you to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Create long-term professional and personal relationships with customers, partners, and teammates to facilitate effective information exchanges with the goal of enabling customer transformations that drive human progress
- Support the Systems Engineer in performing effective discovery of technical and business requirements, processing the data objectively, and designing the most effective data center infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with teammates, partners, and customers, encouraging different points-of-view and ensuring diversity of thought in the technical sales process of driving towards a recommended solution
- Demonstrate passionately curious about learning; specifically, commit to learning the Dell Technologies data center infrastructure portfolio, competitive offerings, general IT changes, combined with customer and industry trends
- Complete administrative and documenting technical sales tasks
- Capably communicate to groups of varying size by leveraging tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, web conferencing, and whiteboarding
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Information Technology, ITM, MIS, Technology, etc.) or a major that demonstrates your technical aptitude (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Math, Applied Sciences, etc.)
- Your previous roles have been any combination of the following: 1 year in Presales, 2 to 3 years in IT, or 2 to 3 years in roles that were technically focused, highly focused on customers, required problem-solving and/or innovation, and/or demonstrated ability and preference for learning.
- You have a proven track record that demonstrates your behavioral attributes and willingness to learn.
- Ultimately, you are a person with a passion for problem-solving and a bias towards innovation, and we want you here at Dell EMC Commercial Presales.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Engineering Sales Systems-Engineer Job ID: R059632
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Atlanta Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.