Contracts CounselChesterbrook, Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Georgia, United States;Centennial, Colorado, United States;Chicago, Illinois, United States;Draper, Utah, United States;Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Houston, Texas, United States;Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States;Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States;Round Rock, Texas, United States;San Antonio, Texas, United States;San Diego, California, United States 12/19/2018
Location: Remote - US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell Boomi is a rapidly growing company owned by Dell, with a fun team, widely spread geographically. We need someone pragmatic, to join the in-house legal team in the U.S., and to help get smart deals done. Required: Sense of humor, excitement about the growth, cool attitude about dealing with a large number of people and bringing folks together. This position is open to working remotely anywhere in U.S.
The Contracts Counsel will join a team within Dell that handles legal support for Boomi. Dell’s Boomi subsidiary is a global leader in providing integration technology and services, to allow companies to let different computers and clouds talk to each other real time. We have been #1 or #2 at the top of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for years for this type of cloud service. We sign hundreds of new sales agreements per year so speed, good judgment, good communication skills, and experience with software licensing are all very important. Good humor and people sense are key, too.
Boomi Legal personnel are part of Dell Legal and are also specifically assigned to the Boomi business. Boomi’s leaders are spread around many locations; the Boomi CEO is in Philadelphia; this position reports to Boomi's chief counsel, who is in San Diego.
The right candidate is someone who is able to persuade people, and who can use creativity, provide solutions, and resolve issues. Since the business is growing, flexibility to learn or propose new processes, or to think about new areas Legal should address, is valuable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary Legal escalation point for deals, and manages internal positions as to operational and risk issues presented in the contracts
- Collaborates with Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Privacy, and IT Security groups to ensure that agreements meet Company policies and protect the Company’s interests
- Provides time sensitive support to Account Management teams on Sales transactions while balancing Dell’s and Boomi’s business needs
- Recognizes risks and solves problems in a team environment
- Writes legal documents, carefully choosing words
- Persuades others and provides creative solutions to resolve issues
- Conveys complex and legally complicated information to Business Leaders in a concise and professional manner
- JD is required with 3+ years relevant experience
- Commercial contracts manager or attorney with relevant experience in an in-house corporate legal or contracts management department or procurement, sales, or alliance role
- Expertise handling negotiations
- Significant knowledge of the information technology industry and of related commercial contracts terms
- Demonstrated skills in providing effective support to other teams and understanding of corporate environments
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently in a high-energy environment, and collaborate effectively with management as both an advisor and business leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues without needing extensive support; be comfortable conforming deals to various liability norms we set and evaluate for the overall business (feel free to argue for why any given deal is different); but never surprise your manager
- Desire to keep learning and speak up if an issue needs attention
- Experience in negotiating software licenses and SaaS agreements
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- Legal Counsel – Products Texas
- Threat Hunter – Secureworks – Atlanta, GA Georgia
- Threat Hunter – Secureworks – Atlanta, GA Georgia
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.