Director- CXS Digital Experience Product Management - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Atlanta,Georgia
Who we are:
Part of the global Customer Experience and Success (CXS) organization, the CXS Digital Experience team focuses on delivering the CXS vision through a unified, simplified, and personalized customer digital experience. Our charter is to harness data, technology and insights to deliver integrated capabilities that allow our customers to accelerate and achieve their business and IT objectives. We do this in two ways. First, we deliver purpose-built capabilities to our internal CXS teams that automate, simplify, and accelerate the sale and delivery of Customer Experience and Success offerings. From foundational tools like VMware HealthAnalyzer to new SaaS platforms that enable online transacting of services or Customer Success digital delivery, these tools drive value throughout the CXS ecosystem. Second, we bring new experiences to our VMware and CXS customers through platforms like Customer Connect, the one-stop-shop for customers for all things VMware.
About this role:
As Director, you will lead and oversee the strategy and execution for this diverse portfolio of mission- and business-critical platforms and applications. You’ll work with your global CXS Stakeholders, Product Managers, Engineering team, and Design function to ensure the team’s customer-centric vision and relentless execution. Additionally, you’ll draw on your leadership experience to keep our team on a positive path of continuous and impactful innovation while simultaneously identifying new opportunities for increased impact and transformative initiatives that drive CXS outcomes. This role will report into the Global Head of Digital Experience.
You are ready to:
- Lead a cross-functional team of XX across multiple time zones and cultures. You must foster an inclusive and collaborative team culture where people and their value matter.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships across global, cross-functional teams of stakeholders and users. You must develop a deep understanding of how their varying user personae drive their unique challenges, needs and goals.
- Partner with executive leadership to craft our brand and product marketing messages
- Create and own comprehensive strategies leveraging data from multiple sources to develop a broad picture of digital experience innovations and improvements.
- Connect business goals and objectives to digital user insights to define best in class experiences that delight our customers and users.
- Partner with executive leadership to further hone our brand and product marketing messages.
- Manage budgets and forecast spending needs to ensure the team has what it needs to be successful and impactful.
- Measure and track your team’s performance and impact through Key Performance Indicators that are meaningful to the business and your team.
- Rationalize, optimize, and standardize approaches to
You have the following:
- 8+ years’ experience both as an individual contributor and a leader in customer-facing organizations in a software company (ideally SaaS).
- Director-level experience with customer success, corporate account management, technical account management and/or professional services.
- Experience with the sales and delivery of paid service offerings, and revenue management.
- 6+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of product management experience, with a deep understanding of the entire product lifecycle
- 10+ years of experience working in the high-tech product industry
- Knowledge of the Customer Success and/or Professional Services worlds, preferably from having previously been in a CS/PS role. It is imperative that you understand the voice of the field.
- A leader with strong emotional intelligence who lives and breathes collaboration, transparency, communication, and positivity.
- A passion for and proven track record of consistent execution.
- Experience growing and leading global, cross-functional teams.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions
- Experience working with global stakeholders and a willingness to adapt accordingly (i.e., being aware of differing cultures, working across multiple time zones, occasional international travel, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits. Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives.
- At least a fundamental understanding of VMware products, the business challenges they solve, why customers buy them, etc.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102094