Enterprise Application User Interface Framework Architect
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Remote - Kentucky, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
Software Senior Principal Engineer
Dell Technologies has had a 37-year history and track record to deliver ground-breaking product, solutions and services to help customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! We are making investment to bring modern hardware and software with cutting edge technologies to our customer, wherever they may be. If you want to join a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to use technology to define new computing paradigms and business opportunities – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
Be a part of a team that's modernizing and transforming products with its cutting edge software development kit, libraries and add-ons. Client Core engineering team designs and develops advanced libraries and add-ons for Dell's software with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal partners.
As a senior principal engineer, you will be responsible for -
- Analyzing technical requirements
- Developing project technology strategy by understanding objectives, articulating solutions and associated risks, recommending project approaches as well as planning full project life cycle
- Implement architecture by building components and custom designs, prototyping, maintaining technical integrity and documenting the system
- Mentor team members in design collaboration, code reviews, development tools and processes
- Participate in full software development life cycle including development, test, continuous delivery and support
- Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test and delivery
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 14-16 years of experience or Master's degree with 12-14 years of experience.
- 3+ years of hands on experience developing cross platform application with Xamarin Forms or 4+ years of development experience with WPF/XAML and MVVM pattern.
- 7+ years of development experience with C#
- Technical expertise in .Net Core 3.1, .NET Framework, and Async Programming (threads and tasks)
- Technical expertise in writing Unit tests using MSTest/NUnit and mocking technologies.
- Excellent design skills and practical understanding of design patterns and object-oriented principles
- Ability to create good design documentation (using UML and other diagrammatic notations)
- Ability to work in an agile team environment.
- Very good understanding of Windows Operating System.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, such as meeting facilitation, presentation and documentation.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to analyze tradeoffs, communicate them effectively and make firm decisions
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of software engineering fundamentals including algorithms and data structures, compilers, databases etc.
- Work experience with an enterprise software is important
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like GIT/Atlassian toolset, Jenkins, Static Code Analyzers.
- Experience in developing for cross platform including Linux environments
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date:March 31, 2021.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R085874